The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Kiwon
Did I hear the softball stadium would have 1000 chairback seats?

Does anyone know the average attendance figures among the elite D1 softball schools?

Is the expectation that a portion of LU's baseball fans would also attend the softball games as well? It's a different clientele, right?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
1. Yes.
2.don't know
3. I think the powers that be anticipate coach dot bringing a clientele of her own

Never underestimate the draw of softball for moms and teen girls
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:1. Yes.
2.don't know
3. I think the powers that be anticipate coach dot bringing a clientele of her own

Never underestimate the draw of softball for moms and teen girls
You'd be surprised the number of softball dads there are - think little league dads :D
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The bigger schools draw around 1000. But I fully suspect this stadium will get quite a bit of use beyond your standards Big South softball games.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I did some quick research on a late season game for 5 good programs around the nation. Here are attendance figures:

Alabama 3287
Tennessee 1821
Baylor 973
Kentucky 1858
Okalhoma 1365

Alabama, I believe leads the nation in attendance most years. They seat about 3700 I believe and they have some sell-outs. With the nationally ranked teams coming to town the next 1-3 years, I think LU can have some of best attendance figures in the country, especially if they play night games with good weather. Hopefully the LU students will come out and support the softball team..........better than they do other sports.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I found out Saturday that admission will be free at all games for 2015 season. I was impressed with attendance Saturday, even if we were playing local teams. I look for LU to post some of the best attendance figures in NCAA one season starts, especially if the wins and weather cooperate.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I found out Saturday that admission will be free at all games for 2015 season.
Good. I might go to some games.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Winning cures all ills and increases attendance big time. Hope we have a big year, there is no reason we can't be a very, very good team with a couple more years af good recruiting. We have one of the best stadiums in the country.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Regardless of record this spring, I don't think I have ever seen a team improve from one year to the next as much as this LU team appears to be improved. This comes after 51 years as a fan, player, coach and umpire.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Regardless of record this spring, I don't think I have ever seen a team improve from one year to the next as much as this LU team appears to be improved. This comes after 51 years as a fan, player, coach and umpire.
What's your scouting report Coach? Predictions for the weekend?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have not had time to "scout" the opponents for weekend, but schedule for weekend is tougher than last week. VT and JMU have good teams, even though I have no love for JMU. Key for LU will be pitching. Gonna be interesting to see how we pitch vs Hokies. I think we can hit VT pitching.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have not had time to "scout" the opponents for weekend, but schedule for weekend is tougher than last week. VT and JMU have good teams, even though I have no love for JMU. Key for LU will be pitching. Gonna be interesting to see how we pitch vs Hokies. I think we can hit VT pitching.

Sorry for the confusion coach, I meant a report on the LU team/players. I was wondering your thoughts from last weekend since you have been around the team for a number of years.

Have a great weekend!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Regardless of record this spring, I don't think I have ever seen a team improve from one year to the next as much as this LU team appears to be improved. This comes after 51 years as a fan, player, coach and umpire.
N
You were a women's softball player :dontgetit Huh
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]