The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
was plans for some type of "academic building" in there
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:was plans for some type of "academic building" in there
I think maybe an academic building and also the bell tower will be in that vicinity.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thats right- the tower building is to include a walk-over bridge to the new student center being built off DeMoss
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Based on Saturday's crowd, I think down the road the stadium is going to need to expand Concession Stand. I went to get a bottle of water and missed an inning.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Based on Saturday's crowd, I think down the road the stadium is going to need to expand Concession Stand. I went to get a bottle of water and missed an inning.
Definitely agree, wasn't that crowded when I was there on Friday but I can see how it very easily could be.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In the future I think attendance will exceed expectations, especially if team reaches potential projected. Put a championship team on the field and the stadium will be full.
Saturday's attendance was listed at 544.
Need another concession stand on 3rd base side of stadium.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
bathrooms too, the ones on the 1st base side aren't very big.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That is true, and I believe the one on first base side is the only one (for men) and they I guess have one for women.

It's a great problem to have, but I think "we will out grow the stadium" within 2-3 years, maybe even in 2016. Thankfully there appears to be room for expansion.

Once BSC season gets in full swing, I am going to research attendance figures for all BSC schools, ACC and SEC also.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:LIVE video tour this afternoon (Tue) at 1300 hrs if anyone is interested
Watch Live Video Tour of Liberty Softball Stadium on Tuesday

In excitement of the new Liberty Softball Stadium opening this Thursday, March 19, Liberty Athletics will be hosting a LIVE video tour of the brand new state-of-the-art facility. The LIVE tour will be broadcast through the @LibertyFlames Twitter account at 1 p.m. on Tuesday via the Meerkat app. There will be a tweet sent out from @LibertyFlames once the stream begins with a live link users can click on to tune in. Hosting the tour will be Liberty Softball players Kelby Allen, Megan Robinson, Kenzie Friesen and Tori Zavodny.
been posted online now... hopefully nobody gets car sick easily. Like me.

NOTE- starting at the 13:35 mark the girls mention how excited they are about their walk-up music

maybe certain people here that think it's a waste, should take note how proud the kids are of it

[youtube]
[/youtube]
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I see that the stadium will be named today. Anyone know what name will be ?
Kamphuis Field at Liberty Softball Stadium

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 93&TeamID=
Liberty Dedicates Kamphuis Field at Liberty Softball Stadium
April 3, 2015
| Lynchburg, Va
The highlight of the pre-game ceremony was the announcement of naming rights of the field, which will now be called Kamphuis Field at Liberty Softball Stadium in honor of Dwayne Kamphuis.

Dwayne Kamphuis, a financial supporter of Liberty University and the softball program, is a legendary fast pitch softball pitcher. Kamphuis traveled the world playing in exhibition softball games as part of the renowned "King and His Court" team, headed up by Eddie "The King" Feigner.

Kamphuis joined the "King and His Court" four-man team in 1966 and thrilled softball fans with his tremendous pitching abilities until he retired in 1983. He maintained a 0.075 ERA and had two no-hitters.

The "King and His Court" regularly played in front of sellout crowds against such opponents as the Miami Dolphins and the Minnesota Vikings. The softball Hall of Famer's career took him around the world, including performances in Lynchburg, Va., in front of Liberty University Founder. Dr. Jerry Falwell.

Kamphuis was unable to attend the ceremony, but was offered a rousing round of applause by the fans gathered at the stadium for his generous financial support. Liberty Athletics has hung a sign with the playing surface's new "Kamphuis Field" from the video board in center field.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Congress, and everything else in D.C., is a corpor[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]