The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
That´s a pretty bold prediction. Consider the fact that our WBB program, which we consider to be highly successful, has made it to the sweet 16 once in their history. There are only 12 teams in the softball college world series.
olldflame wrote:That´s a pretty bold prediction. Consider the fact that our WBB program, which we consider to be highly successful, has made it to the sweet 16 once in their history. There are only 12 teams in the softball college world series.
In Athletics it is acceptable to over promise and under deliver!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'm glad to hear that all of our 2014 commits are rock solid after this weekend. With 11 upperclassmen on this upcoming season's roster, these next couple signing classes are going to be crucial to our success going forward.
By sofla
Registration Days Posts
If the expressed goal of the Athletic Department and the softball coaches is anything less than the top they are very likely to not get the top players to commit. The message was very clear and very appropirate that with these new coaches and a new $6 million softball stadium, the talent level on the team is going to be the highest level. Which is exactly how you get commitments from top level players.
BJWilliams wrote:I'm glad to hear that all of our 2014 commits are rock solid after this weekend. With 11 upperclassmen on this upcoming season's roster, these next couple signing classes are going to be crucial to our success going forward.
For that you can thank the hold overs from the last staff who stayed during the transition. This was a VERY talented recruiting class coming in and if it wasn't for the hard work and diligence of the previous staff during the interim most if not all of these recruits would have gone elsewhere. Fortunately, these people stayed with the recruits and Dot honored what the previous staff had done. If not, they would have lost a year in the recruiting cycle. Yes, Coach R was a fantastic hire, but don't sell short what the old staff did between one HC leaving and another coming in.
So to those involved I say :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping
By sofla
Registration Days Posts
The former coaching staff deserves all of the credit for recognizing the talent of the original three 2014 commits and getting those girls to commit to LU. The new coaches have repeatedly voiced their appreciation for the prior coaches getting those commitments. The new staff has added three more 2014s, from the recent prospect camp, to a very strong freshman class next year.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Id like to also add my :clapping :clapping :clapping to the previous coaches for their part in this now that I know this information. Will be interesting to see where our focus was placed with the class this year, with only losing one outfielder to graduation from last year (Jill Stephens), but losing a pitcher (DiMartino), two infielders (Shivock and Nordan, who also has pitched some for us), an outfielder (Zavodny, who will probably go down as the all-time leader in steals before the season is over) and a utility player (Sciolino)
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Another verbal from a HS Junior - Julia DeMartino. I'm guessing a sister of Alyssa DeMartino. 1st team all-state as a sophomore. Recruited by Ohio State and Penn State among others.

http://blogs.democratandchronicle.com/v ... es/?p=9295
Julia DiMartino still has two years of high school softball in front of her, but the Brockport pitcher has already given a verbal commitment to play for Liberty University, according to Blue Devils coach, Chris Carr. Liberty, which is located in Virginia and plays in the Big South Conference, hired former UCLA shortstop and United States Olympic star, Dot Richardson, as head coach in July. DiMartino also had been recruited by such major colleges as Ohio State and Penn State. Last spring she was named first-team all-state, the All-Greater Rochester co-Player of the Year and Monroe County Division III Player of Year after powering Blue Devils to first Section V title since 1998 (Class AA). She posted 310 strikeouts in 160 innings and a 0.70 ERA while batting .539 with 30 RBI, 16 doubles and 4 home runs. She carries a 91 academic average.
By sofla
Registration Days Posts
Six in the class of 2014. Two pitchers, two outfielders, a catcher and a firstbaseman, as their primary positions. Coming to Liberty from Virginia, Florida, Ohio, North Carolina and Pennsylvania I think. Most if not all of these girls had multiple D1 offers on the table. Most of the girls have been playing 18 Gold tournaments and showcases, for at least the past year, playing top level competition in Colorado, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida and Pennsylvania.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
sofla wrote:Six in the class of 2014. Two pitchers, two outfielders, a catcher and a firstbaseman, as their primary positions. Coming to Liberty from Virginia, Florida, Ohio, North Carolina and Pennsylvania I think. Most if not all of these girls had multiple D1 offers on the table. Most of the girls have been playing 18 Gold tournaments and showcases, for at least the past year, playing top level competition in Colorado, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida and Pennsylvania.
I´m sure I´m not the only one who is thinking this, but I´ll be the first to ask..................... where do you get all this information? You obviously know what you are talking about and everything you have posted has been rock solid, so clearly you have some connection to the new staff. I´m thinking from your user name that you are from Florida, which could explain how you would know Dot and Bob. Obviously there could be very good reasons why you would want to be ¨descreet¨about your identity, and we all know how that goes, but if not.................. Inquiring minds want to know!
sofla wrote:All three coaches are recruiting more talent this weekend at the Sun Classic Showcase at ESPN Wide World of Sports in Orlando. 8)
I would hope they are recruiting talented players :D

Its nice to see the checkbook being opened up.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
sofla wrote:All three coaches are recruiting more talent this weekend at the Sun Classic Showcase at ESPN Wide World of Sports in Orlando. 8)
SoFla, look for me tomorrow. I'll be the guy in a t-shirt and hat. :D
Excellent video, thanks for sharing. Makes me even prouder of my school.
God's timing is always perfect. What a testimony!
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]