The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Hard to imagine a better choice for where the program is now. Reading her profile, I see she has a bit more coaching experience than I had thought, winning national championships at both the 10U and 18U levels in the NSA, which I believe is basically the softball versión of AAU basketball.

It will be interesting to see if she brings in one or more high profile assistants from her Olympic days.
LCA&LU Mom wrote:GREAT hire! She's also chair of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes' softball ministry.
She has been on the board in the past and her husband, Bob Pinto is National Director, which in some ways is even better for us in that we obviously are bringing more than one capable and comitted person to Lynchburg.
Coach Dot Richardson on taking the head coaching position at Liberty:
"I am extremely excited and deeply humbled for the opportunity the Lord has presented to be a part of the Liberty family, as the head softball coach. The Liberty Way of ‘Training Champions for Christ' speaks to my soul and defines the true definition of coaching and working with student-athletes. As the head coach for Liberty Softball, I can say without hesitation, that I and my staff are committed to serving others with the focus and goal to glorifying the Lord through the gifts and opportunities He has given each of us and our players. I invite all to follow and enjoy Liberty Flames softball and experience with us what the Lord has in store for building champions for Him both on and off the field.
WOW!!!! Welcome to the Liberty Family! :cheerleader

Full Story: http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 28&TeamID=
Sly Fox wrote:Master Plan released last month. She's not coming here to run a 2nd rate operation.
I've seen a lot of Master Plans. But I do feel with this hire there will be some movement in the immediate 2-5 year future. At least I hope it gets a facility before the bobsled team :lol:
BJWilliams wrote:Names to keep an eye out for on the assistant coach front:
Lisa Fernandez
Michele Smith
Julie Smith
Crystl Bustos
Stacy Nuveman
Jenny Finch
A lot of those are probably longshots but certainly people to think about
Leah O'Brien-Amico ‏@leah20usa 3h
@DrDotShortstop is the NEW Head Coach at Liberty University!!! I'm so excited for all that God is going to do with this team!!

one name possibility.

anyway biggest hire by JB and a nice one! one of the biggest name in the game.
ballah09 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Names to keep an eye out for on the assistant coach front:
Lisa Fernandez
Michele Smith
Julie Smith
Crystl Bustos
Stacy Nuveman
Jenny Finch
A lot of those are probably longshots but certainly people to think about
Leah O'Brien-Amico ‏@leah20usa 3h
@DrDotShortstop is the NEW Head Coach at Liberty University!!! I'm so excited for all that God is going to do with this team!!

one name possibility.

anyway biggest hire by JB and a nice one! one of the biggest name in the game.
Ah yes...I forgot about her...and I got my picture taken with her when she visited Liberty a few years back
SuperJon wrote:This is the best hire Jeff has ever made. Great, great job on that.
100% agree on that Jon...and like I said either here or in the other thread, this is probably the biggest hire outside of the "big 3" sports we have ever had
I was talking to a friend of mine who is going into her second year as a coach at a school in Ohio and she is amped by the hire and would consider bringing some of her girls for a camp here with coach Richardson (which you have to figure will be in the offing for either this fall or next summer)
Three reasons why Coach Dot took the job (in her own words):
“I was not thinking about coaching at all when Liberty called,’’ Richardson said. “But they offered me three things: 1. They wanted a nationally ranked softball team that competed in the College World Series on a regular basis; 2. They had the budget to commit to the program as they are building a new softball facility; 3. They are a large Christian-based university.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/o ... 7402.story
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]