The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The road warriors finally return home Tuesday afternoon after posting a rather impressive 13-8 mark up to this point in the season. They dropped two games this past week at Radford and look to turn the tables Tuesday.

Here are our leaders right now:

Kelly Strickland
5' 5" Sophomore Shortstop
In 21 Games: .400 7 HRs 23 RBIs (All lead team)

Danielle Howard
5' 7" Sophomore Leftfielder
In 16 Games: .326 5 HRs 16 RBIs

Tiffani Smith
5' 7" Junior RHP
In 16 Appearances: 6-3 Record, 5.66 ERA, 73 Ks in 55.2 Innings

Katie Warrington
5' 4" Freshman RHP
In 15 Appearances: 5-3 Record, 6.29 ERA, 39 Ks in 55.2 Innings

Katrina Johnson
5' 11" Freshman RHP
In 7 Appearances: 2-2 Record, 5.06 ERA, 18 Ks in 21.1 Innings
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Id suspect that Smith would get the ball for this one. When was the last time we finished tournament season with a winning record?
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I would say that Katie would be the starter for this one. Having a very good year so far, much better than the previous 2 years. Strickland, Bensinger, and Howard are having solid years so far for us.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I hear RU's coach is more fun to watch then the game
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:
Hold My Own wrote:I hear RU's coach is more fun to watch then the game
This is a very true statement.

Great game by the girls today.
please explain for those of us in other states lol
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Haha, attaboy BJ.

For everyone who doesn't know what BJ is talking about, which is probably everyone but me and him, Dr. David Wheeler is a professor at Liberty. His daughter, Dana, was a player on the Liberty softball team. After suffering a few injuries, she decided to stop playing and is now a student assistant coach for the team as their pitching coach.

When I got to class today, I saw that the girls had won. When Dr. Wheeler came in, I mentioned it to him and he had heard the score and was excited for the girls.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I wasnt there but there seemed to be a lot of yelling and carrying on to his team for getting thrown out (which he's the 3rd base coach) and other things...loud enough for everyone to hear....I also heard he kicked a helmet in the dugout which hit a girl in the face or something like that....it got to the point where some of the LU fans were yelling at him trying to defend his girls.

That's funny after reading what I wrote "I hear it was more fun watching their coach then the game" because it really does sound like I'm saying she was hot or something....haha, and 9 times out of 10 that is what I would have meant!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Its sad that he was carrying on like that...I mean Radford is one of the most dominant teams (the last few years) in the Big South and for their coach to be yelling and screaming and kicking helmets and what not really is rather shocking
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:
LUnpretty11 wrote:
Hold My Own wrote:I hear RU's coach is more fun to watch then the game
This is a very true statement.

Great game by the girls today.
please explain for those of us in other states lol
He came into the press box (more like closet) after they lost and yelled at us, because the SID's didn't record any errors during that last inning, crediting us with hits. It was pretty intense.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]