The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Why? This portal is a disaster and affects every sport.... Should not be this way.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have said since Day 1, NCAA should eliminate portal. It will eventually destroy NCAA sports, yet NCAA is too stupid to realize what they're doing to college sports.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Big losses if true, but the portal works both ways.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 5:47 pm What is the speculation on the reasoning of the departures?
Frustration over beating on the Super regional door and not being able to enter with this team? I dunno. Must be disheartening for the rest of the team when the 2 players, the heart and soul of the team leaves. And next year looked so promising.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We were so close to Super Regional. We should have scored at least 5 runs in first inning vs SD State Sunday, but only scored 2 and give SD a life rope, and they took advantage.
If SD State makes it to World Series it will be even more sickening.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
It appears Hudson is wanting to get a Master's in Speech Pathology which we don't offer. Not sure about Keeney.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 9:24 pm It appears Hudson is wanting to get a Master's in Speech Pathology which we don't offer. Not sure about Keeney.
Seems like a legit reason.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 3:57 pm Why? This portal is a disaster and affects every sport.... Should not be this way.
The portal is awesome! Love the freedom it gives players.
thepostman liked this
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I’m not familiar with softball but do we have any pitchers coming in next year? Cause we literally have no pitchers outside Keeney.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 9:32 pm Cause we literally have no pitchers outside Keeney.
Bachman is on line one.
By Ill flame
soccer7 wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 5:47 pm What is the speculation on the reasoning of the departures?
I assume Keeney was just tired of all the back pain from carrying the team all season.
Purple Haize liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 9:30 pm
prototype wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 3:57 pm Why? This portal is a disaster and affects every sport.... Should not be this way.
The portal is awesome! Love the freedom it gives players.
I will never understand why people think this is so bad. Especially Liberty fans. We have benefited from the transfer portal more and more each year it seems. It's great.
thesportscritic liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A team needs more than 1 ace pitcher. The days of riding the ace to glory land are over. You need 3 pitchers that can win the big game(s) in May. The deflection of Wagner and Jones really hurt us this past season.
We have a good freshman coming in, but we're gonna need depth on the staff for 2024.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: May 24th, 2023, 9:00 am JMU did OK just a couple of seasons ago riding that one horse.
Just looking at those stats that horse pitched half the innings that Keeney pitched, and the 2nd and 3rd horse had a combined record of 23-1.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: May 24th, 2023, 9:28 am
Sly Fox wrote: May 24th, 2023, 9:00 am JMU did OK just a couple of seasons ago riding that one horse.
Just looking at those stats, that horse pitched half the innings that Keeney pitched, and the 2nd and 3rd horses had a combined record of 23-1 :shock:
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 24th, 2023, 1:55 pm There's a pitcher at Kentucky in portal, we should take a look at.
I trust you've given those instructions to Coach Dot. Hopefully she's on the horn with her as we speak.
ballcoach15 liked this
By DStewart
My understanding is that Hudson and Kenney have not only been roommates, but they are best friends. Because of that, and other reasons mentioned here, I wouldn't be surprised if they're gone.

Regarding the portal, I'll bet you our coaching staff isn't sitting around lamenting its existence... They're monitoring and working it as diligently, if not moreso, as any other staff in the nation.

And with the pedigree on this coaching staff, coupled with our amazing facilities, I feel the portal will ultimately benefit us more often than not.
ballcoach15 liked this
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]