The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.
By ballcoach15
#566826 Since 2019 schedule hasn't been posted yet, here is some of what I know as of now:

February 7-11 @ Triple Crown Tournament in Mexico: BYU, Notre Dame, Duke, Baylor, Washington

February 15-17 @ Texas A&M: McNeese State (2), Texas A&M (2), Rutgers

February 22-24 Liberty Challenge: Bucknell, Princton, Deleware State. Valparaiso, Wright State

On March 19 a SEC school comes to LU.
By Sly Fox
#566959 Some games less than an hour from my house. Count me in!
By ballcoach15
#567050 The 2019 schedule is posted, and it's a tough one. Visit LU Softball website.

(Hopefully someone smarter than me with technology can post a link on here.)
By flameshaw
ballcoach15 wrote:If I am lucky, and all goes as planned, I will get to 42 regular season games, plus Post Season games.

Chase that Lion.
By prototype
#567415 wow - that's a tought schedule!! Good for them.

Ballcoach - was that you at basketball game that said you wanted a national championship in Softball for Christmas? I figured it was.
By ballcoach15
#567422 Which game ? I don't recall saying that.

Someone asked me at the last game I attended, "what's going on with softball these days", or something like that.
By prototype
#567439 Must not have been. They asked at KC basketball game what people wanted fro Christmas and someone said that. So, just know - you have a kindred spirit out there;)
By JK37
#568190 But if you catch the tail, you better have a plan for the teeth.

(Or were you not quoting Tolstoy?)
By Cider Jim
#569123 Ballcoach, did you stop and watch any of the practice?
By thepostman
ballcoach15 wrote:Softball practice started today for 2019 season.

(I went by Barnes & Noble yesterday and purchased the Chase the Lion book.)

Nice! Let me know what you think!
By ballcoach15
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, did you stop and watch any of the practice?

No, I am working today, thus I not make it to Lynchburg. I hope to make it to practice one day this week.
By ballcoach15
thepostman wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Softball practice started today for 2019 season.

(I went by Barnes & Noble yesterday and purchased the Chase the Lion book.)

Nice! Let me know what you think!

I am about halfway thru the book. Very good book. I see why softball team is using it for this season, with the schedule we have.
By Dalegarz1
#569993 Very refreshing and, as always, optimistic. I expect a very good season with competitive games against national powers. Having said that, I don't think we will be dominant in the circle against elite competition. JD is a talented pitcher but could use 5-6 more mph on her rise.
By Dalegarz1
#570053 In the Triple Crown Tournament we will play:
BYU
Notre Dame
Duke
Baylor
Washington

What is everybody's prediction for our record at the end of the tournament?
Mine is 3-2 with losses to Notre Dame and Washington.
By Dalegarz1
#570094 I think a win against Notre Dame is quite possible. Their ace is Alexis Holloway. Last year she was 32-21 with a 2.55 era. She gave up a little less than a hit an inning and had the same strikeout ratio. I'm not sure she has lived up to her potential. She was the Gatorade player of the year in high school for the state of Indiana.
By ballcoach15
Dalegarz1 wrote:I think a win against Notre Dame is quite possible. Their ace is Alexis Holloway. Last year she was 32-21 with a 2.55 era. She gave up a little less than a hit an inning and had the same strikeout ratio. I'm not sure she has lived up to her potential. She was the Gatorade player of the year in high school for the state of Indiana.

That's a high ERA, in reality. Sounds like the Golden Doomers only have 1 pitcher, in that she was involved in 53 decisions.
By Dalegarz1
#570151 Slight correction on ND pitcher. Her record was 22-15. By far and away their most used pitcher.
Really looking forward to the season! Lots of exciting things happening on the mountain. Men's BB is on the rise nationally-there's a buzz around spring practice for football and softball is finally here!
By ballcoach15
Dalegarz1 wrote:Slight correction on ND pitcher. Her record was 22-15. By far and away their most used pitcher.
Really looking forward to the season! Lots of exciting things happening on the mountain. Men's BB is on the rise nationally-there's a buzz around spring practice for football and softball is finally here!

I predict this spring's football practice will be the most anticipated in LU history. :football
By Cider Jim
ballcoach15 wrote:I predict this spring's football practice will be the most anticipated in LU history. :football

Ballcoach, you're talking about football on the softball thread? :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
#570207 Cider, Dalegarz mentioned it, and I thought it was important enough to comment on. In the fall, I may mention softball on football thread. No harm, no foul.
By Dalegarz1
#570236 Quick stats on UW pitchers.

Gabbie Plain: 22-5, 1.01 era, over 1 k/inning (six-footer from Australia)
Taran Alveolo: 23-5, 1.30 era, 1.3k's/inning
By Cider Jim
#570268 LU softball had a home scrimmage this afternoon, but our Ballcoach was no where in sight. :shock: Furthermore, my source say Ballcoach skipped the scrimmage and was down in Gretna riding his bicycle for exercise.
:oldhag
By CCWMichael
Cider Jim wrote:LU softball had a home scrimmage this afternoon, but our Ballcoach was no where in sight. :shock: Furthermore, my source say Ballcoach skipped the scrimmage and was down in Gretna riding his bicycle for exercise.
:oldhag

So, how did the girls look?
Am I allowed to say girls?
By Cider Jim
#570294 I was just walking past the stadium on my way to an LU parking lot after work, but one team LU team was leading the other 5-0, according to the scoreboard.
By CCWMichael
#570304 If I resided local this is one sport I would attend on a regular basis.
At a certain point in my life I needed to retire from aggressive sports so I turned to slow pitch softball and loved it.
So grew a fascination.
The gals bring great banter to the game and frankly there are some great athletes on the field.
I hope they do well this year ... very, very well.
By Cider Jim
#570319 LU's version is FAST PITCH, and it's fun to watch!
By CCWMichael
Cider Jim wrote:LU's version is FAST PITCH, and it's fun to watch!

Apologies for not clarifying but fully aware fast pitch .... with a shorter reaction time with 65-80 mph. :shock:
By ballcoach15
Cider Jim wrote:I was just walking past the stadium on my way to an LU parking lot after work, but one team LU team was leading the other 5-0, according to the scoreboard.

Cider, you should have stopped, and watched the scrimmage, and given us a scouting report.

I will attempt to get some feedback on scrimmage.