The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.
By Dalegarz1
#545383 What's our expectation for our record after these games against the likes of Toledo, FDU, Detroit Mercy, and Morgan State.
First game is against Toledo who is coming off a 24-34 record last season.
By olldflame
Dalegarz1 wrote:What's our expectation for our record after these games against the likes of Toledo, FDU, Detroit Mercy, and Morgan State.
First game is against Toledo who is coming off a 24-34 record last season.

I'm gunna channel my inner ballcoach and say "we should never lose to any of those teams".
By ballcoach15
#545438 I believe we play 4 ranked teams, and 5 others that "received votes". We need to beat these teams to help RPI. Also need to beat the ACC teams we play, while at same time, not lose to "inferior teams".

Good softball article in today's Lynchburg paper.
By Cider Jim
#545646 Glad you made it! Have you scouted out any Burger Kings yet?
By Cider Jim
#545655 Change ballcoach's eating habits? NO WAY! :nono :nonono
By Cider Jim
#545668 Ballcoach, who are we playing?
By ballcoach15
#545673 LU wins 6-0. DiMartino throws 1 hitter, with 10 K. O walks. Only 1 base runner . Bunt single. Madison Via had 2 hits for LU. Robertson had 2 run double. Amador and Zavodmy had triples. We only had 7 hits. Did not swing bats well. Play again at 4:00
By LUDad
olldflame wrote:Appreciate the updates ball coach. No live stats on these games

Live stat links are at page below.

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 1&teamID=2

For some reason, link below shows Detroit as being the team they play at 11:00 am tomorrow instead of scheduled Chattanooga

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/?id=207639
By Class of 20Something
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:5-0. T 5. We not hitting.

14 runs in 12 innings is not hitting?

Ball coach believes all liberty sports games must be highlight reels from start to finish. Anything less is underperformance.
By Sly Fox
#545745 Thanks for the field reports, ballcoach15. It does sound like we are off to a great start to the season on the mound.
By jinxy
#545766 Maybe the mens sports can take notes from the ladies. Golf is about the only mens sport doing anything consistenly.
By cruzan_flame13
jinxy wrote:Maybe the mens sports can take notes from the ladies. Golf is about the only mens sport doing anything consistenly.

Atleast the men club teams are doing well and building their programs.
By Dalegarz1
#545804 Nice to see us get off to a good start (5-0). The road will be much tougher when we're in California. Those games will tell a lot about how far we are from competing at the elite level.
By flameshaw
ballcoach15 wrote:A win is a win, hopefully bats will wake up tomorrow vs Detroit Mercy.

Come on ballcoach, what are you doing making light of the win? Can't we just celebrate it? :roll:
Last edited by flameshaw on February 11th, 2018, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw
ballcoach15 wrote:Look at box score. We only had 2 hits. We were fortunate to win that game.

But as I said a win is a win, all part of being 5-0, after 5 games.

I know, I was just making reference to a similar comment that I made in the men's basketball thread, and got blasted for it. :roll: Some people. :D :D
By jinxy
#545813 Hey atleast they are finding ways to win when there not playing well. Thats something our mens teams cant seem to do.
By flameshaw
jinxy wrote:Hey atleast they are finding ways to win when there not playing well. Thats something our mens teams cant seem to do.

Hater. 8) :shock: