The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Here is the latest on David after his career at Louisiana-Lafayette is done ...
Dees doing in the hard way

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • June 26, 2008

Given the depth of this year's talent pool, David Dees can live with the fact he will likely not be among the 60 players selected in tonight's NBA draft.

The recent UL graduate plans to watch the first "six or seven" picks tonight on TV. But the Ohio native will likely spend the rest of the night in the gym working on his game, focusing on eventually earning his own spot in the NBA.

"Getting drafted is something you dream about growing up playing basketball," said Dees, who has yet to pick an agent. "But I'm not really worried about not getting drafted. I have a couple of workouts (with pro teams) in July, and I have offers from teams in Europe on the table. I don't mind going overseas. But that's not my dream.

"My dream is to play in the NBA, whether it's this year or next year."
And here is some explanation for his senior season dropoff ...
The second team preseason all-conference pick also sat out one game and had to deal with younger brother Stephen leaving the team in February for undisclosed reasons.

"It was a very difficult year for me personally," said Dees, who played his final two seasons at UL after transferring from Liberty (Va.) University. "My family went through a lot, and I usually take everything on my shoulders and don't look for much help. I wasn't performing as well as I should and was putting even more pressure on myself."
Click Here for Full Story
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
From the same article Sly posted:
Dees showcased his talents for his first two collegiate seasons at Liberty. As a freshman, he made an immediate impact, averaging 10.5 points in 33 games and being named to the all-Big South freshman team. He capped the season with a 22-point outing in a loss to top-ranked St. Joseph's in the first round of the 2004 NCAA Tournament.

As a sophomore Dees upped his scoring to 16.2 points a game and collected first team all-conference honors. But Dees left Liberty at the end of the season for a chance to play on the same college team as his brother. He picked UL over Xavier and Butler and sat out the 2005-06 season per NCAA transfer rules.
I never knew that Dees left LU in order to play ball with his little brother. Is that news or common knowledge?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have never heard that...because everybody is always stuck on other issues all the time when talking about Dees...

man i wish Dees stayed here all 4 years though...this program would be completely different in my opinion....
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The scuttlebutt was that Dees wanted Coach Dunton to offer his brother or he was leaving. Whether that was true or not it was the rumor. The reason he allegedly chose Lafayette of all places to transfer was that they would agreed to sign his brother in a package deal. Otherwise he would've been back closer to his home in Dayton (i.e. Xavier or Butler).
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
The brother story is one part of the story, but don't confuse it for the whole.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Oh I agree completely. But it was the major thrust for Double-D choosing the Ragin' Cajuns.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
So how'd it turn out for Dee's? I dont think he was drafted but was he signed?
By BUSIMAN23
Registration Days Posts
I roomed with the Dees the year he left..it was a combination of things....coaching personal and it didnt hurt that his brother got offered at UL...majority of the decision was the coaching tho
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BUSIMAN23, do you remember Dees making any kind of a comment, comparing himself and Blair to Batman & Robin? :lol:
By BUSIMAN23
Registration Days Posts
hahaha..yea the only problem was they both wanted to be batman
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]