The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Old Hag Alert!

Those of you who haven't heard, Michael Sweet is touring this summer as the new lead singer for Boston. As part of the deal, Stryper has covered the classic "Peace of Mind".

You can sample it here.

For those of us who spent much of liberty years jamming to 'Soldiers Under Command' or 'To Hell with the Devil', the combination of the Stryper sound with a Boston favorite is too cool to miss.

You young pups can ignore this thread and my feelings won't be hurt. That's why I posted in this forum.
By blwall1416
Registration Days Posts
The Boston version is way better.

That being said, it seems his voice is a good fit for Boston.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I spent hours trying to download a version Michael did of More Than a Feeling to my mp3 player (without success)

that was way cool.

It was recorded at a Brad Delp tribute/reunion concert, back in August of last year- originally released as a sound-check recording over on www.BandBoston.com
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
"To Hell with the Devil," is awesome...and I enjoyed the sample. As for Boston, it'll be interesting to see how he does "More than a Feeling," his voice does sound suited for it.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
For some reason, I never got into Stryper. I had a copy of To Hell WIth The Devil (on vinyl!!), but that was only because I checked it out of the library and it got warped. Had to pay for it, and ended up finding someone that could fix it. I was more into White Cross and Bloodgood than Stryper.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
All three were in my cassette rotation back in the day.

I was an unabashed Stryper fan. And I still have To Hell with the Devil on my iPod.
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
For some reason when i read the title of the thread i got excited cause I thought it was about strippers with that Texas Accent :D
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
Stryper, White Heart, and Allies. For a while "to Hell with the Devil", "Bye Bye Babalon", and "Breakaway" were about all I listened to (the other songs on those albums too obviously).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
How about The Yellow and Black Attack? With the van? And I believe the album came in white vinyl
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That was my first exposure to the bumblebees. But the version I had was on cassette.

I remember Soldiers came out in yellow & black vinyl. I don't even know if To Hell came out in vinyl because CDs were all the rage by then.
By Champion
Registration Days Posts
Yes, it was on vinyl...I have it. I also have the Stryper Christmas mini-album. I am not making this up. Their version of Winter wonderland was pretty amazing...in a weird sort of way.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have their version of Winter Wonderland on rotation at the Sly household every Christmas. My kids love it.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Didn't To Hell have the controversial album cover that was replaced very early on in the print run?

And I do like their version of Winter WOnderland. But I like Steve Taylor's better :lol: :lol:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
^^^ yes, the cover scared people :roll:

too "Satanic" looking. (wasn't that the point?)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yeah the original cover was a tribute the genre of album covers that were the rage in the Late '70s & Early '80s (cheesy but fun) ...

But then they replaced it with this lame cover ...

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]