The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The last I heard he was "retired".
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I forgot where he told me last year...his cousin is here driving around in a SWEEEEET Acura NSX
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:I forgot where he told me last year...his cousin is here driving around in a SWEEEEET Acura NSX
Is his cousin in Lynchburg? Because I saw a black dude in one in the walmart parking lot last week. It's the first one I've seen in like 5 years.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:Is his cousin in Lynchburg? Because I saw a black dude in one in the walmart parking lot last week. It's the first one I've seen in like 5 years.

yup he's here...he's got 2 of them actually...I saw him yesterday, he wanted to get together and talk about opening up a restaurant...I have my doubts though
By blwall1416
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:I saw him yesterday, he wanted to get together and talk about opening up a restaurant...I have my doubts though
Yeah...Lynchburg has said NO to Hooters time & time again. Its a doomed idea. Your doubts are justified.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
What does he do for a living? And you should have your doubts. I think there's something like a 90% failure rate in the resaurant biz.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:What does he do for a living? And you should have your doubts. I think there's something like a 90% failure rate in the resaurant biz.

Well I didnt think we were going to dive into this so I figured if I said restaurant it would be left alone...it's really a club...with the new ABC laws it makes it easier then it once was to open one...(Not that I'm going to!)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'm just saying...

Look at something like Greene St in Greensboro. It's your typical club during the week and then has concerts on the weekends. They're doing pretty good there. Lynchburg is dying for a place for local music.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
We just have to be so careful, every place that does something like that gets thugged out in 6 months and drives the business away...there are a lot more dope boys in Lynchburg then people realize
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry defeated […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]