The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Thanks. We'll see come the 31st. Hopefully the away side of the stadium is packed and rowdy.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
HF, WE must taligate before the game...maybe an old school reunion of sorts. good to have you back.....let the VT/UVA smack begin!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:If Mrs. Second Baseman let's him, he'll be here. He's got to get it approved by her first.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed - gotta be on my best behavior. We DEFINITELY have to tailgate. Someone good with planning needs to take the ball on this one, if you leave it up to me we'll be at the corner gas station/mini-mart on Wards Rd eating hot dogs and buying chewing gum.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
medic, if you are coming i will have the tailgate ready......you will need to tell me your eating preferences, im sure southern tailgating is a bit different to the way you do it in philly...no throwing batteries and hurling obsenities at st. pauls's fans though. :D
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
To be fair- the battery throwing was at opposing players, the snow and iceballs were thrown at Santa Clause, hurling obscenities and urinating on the walls was simply normal operating procedures for the 700 level fans at the old Vet. Opening a courtroom and holding area in the stadium cured a lot of that.

thinking that WON'T be necessary at Vines.

brief old hag story:

upon arriving at LU in the fall of '88, I didn't realize that the above type of behavior was not common until my first ice hockey game. After a particuarly aggrivating call by one of the linesman, I - in true Flyers fan tradition- attempted to lead the crowd in a chant of "YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK"

needless to say, there were quite a few disapproving looks thrown my way as I stood ALONE screaming at the top of my lungs. Yes, one person CAN be heard all the way around the old rink in Roanoke.
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
Hey smoothie:

I am certainly up for tailgaiting with you this Fall. Once I have the dates set we can line it up. Have we thought any more about a tailgate for Flames Fans members? That would take some coordinating - but would be a blast!
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i would be willing to coordinate. i think i only have one scheduling conflict this fall. as the time approaches, i will get something together.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I think we need to have some FlameFans presence on gameday. Obviously, it would be hard for me to pull off from Houston. But if you guys want to take the lead I'll do whatever I can to help.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Let me know if this happens, guys. I'll be pretty much incommunicado at that point but I'll try to make an appearance.
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry defeated […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]