The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Since someone mentioned our old football home in another thread, I'd thought I'd share this with you:

The pic comes from the '86 yearbook which accounts for the unsightly crease down the middle of the shot. But the pic itself is of the first LU football game I ever attended. It was opening night 1985 against West Georgia. We had the stadium packed ... unfortunately that was not a regular occurence. 2500+ freshmen without cars were dumped on the campus that week and this was the only form of entertainment to speak of (loaded onto those death traps they called buses back then).

Most games the last couple of seasons we were at City Stadium before Williams was completed were day games with practically no one in attendance. Getting the team up onto the mountain was important for many reasons. But the primary being the ability of students to attend the games without all the difficulties we had at City Stadium.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i remember sam's first home game at city stadium against edinboro. it was a great crowd, and there were some fum memories there, but im glad williams was built.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
really brings back memories. Somehow in the midst of all my moves I've managed to lose my yearbook(s)- oh well
By Baldspot
Registration Days Posts
I have trouble remembering my anniversary but when I saw that picture I immediately said "West Georgia" Good game. Coulda shoulda won.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We had an absurd amount of talent on the field that year for a DII school. Yeah, we let quite a few slip through our fingers back then much like the past couple of years.
By Big -e-
Registration Days Posts
That was my first game, too.

I remember having to wear a crash helmet for fear of sustaining head injuries due to bad shocks on those buses.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
the exhaust fumes were a lovely bonus as well.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]