The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It appears Medic isn't the only LU alum doing the police academy thing. From a Maine fishwrap ...
Hladik earns top honors

By Donna M. Perry , Staff Writer
Thursday, May 29, 2008

LIVERMORE FALLS - A Buckfield man is the second Livermore Falls police officer to become valedictorian of his class at the Maine Criminal Justice Academy.

Cort Hladik, 22, said becoming a police officer is something he has wanted to do since he was a boy.

"I was probably 5 years old when my parents gave me a plastic badge, police hat ... and ever since then I've always wanted to do it," Hladik said.

He graduated from the academy Friday after 18 weeks, and was back on the job Sunday night patrolling the streets. He joined the force in November 2007.

Hladik, who has a bachelor's degree in criminal justice from Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va., was among 42 law enforcement officers in his class.

Click Here for Full Story
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We really need some pics like that of Medic.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
OK, so who is taller, Cort or Medic? I am guessing that Cort is about 5'5" based on the bottom picture.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
I'm curious what that yellow thing is strapped to his left leg.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
GPS in case he gets lost in the Maine woods? If it happened to Thoreau, it could happen to anybody. Study
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Oh brother, it must've killed CJ to hold onto literary references in a thread about Maine that long.

:lol:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Looks like a GPS to me.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Its a taser, you idiots
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
and we dont' carry them in that kind of rig- it goes on the duty belt, opposite your gun side.

Nice hat, though.

He's undoubtably taller than me- likely the angle of the photo makes him look shorter; he's not right up against the door.

And NO. No photos of me, for security reasons. 8)
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]