The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We've discussed the father of Liberty football on here and the old Firehouse a number of times before. But let's start a thread to help educate everyone about the man who was more than just the name slapped alongside Mack Rivera on the annual athletic award at LU. Here is my latest efforts in my personal Wikipedia Project for LU football:

Rock Royer on Wikipedia

Some of you have previously told some personal stories about Coach Royer and I'd love to see them brought here in a central location (that means you, flameshaw).
By bucksweepjax
Registration Days Posts
Back in 93 or so the sports information dept. was doing a feature on the LU football coaches for the game programs. Lou Holtz was contacted with the slim hope of getting a quote or two about Rock Royer. He faxed back a few paragraphs with nothing but good things to say. Classy thing to do, no doubt, and right smack in the middle of football season too.
By Rockthejungle
Registration Days Posts
Wow I'll never forget that day he passed away ..it was shocking ...
By beachpreach
Registration Days
I remember him speaking in chapel. Talk about animated!
Quote: "If you're not closer to Jesus today than you were yesterday you're backslidden!"
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]