The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
Okay, so we've made the move to FlameFans.com. Verrrry nice.

Couple of questions:

1) I noticed that we have individual moderators per board... and Sly isn't one of them. Did you get demoted, buddy?

2) When is the move official? Are we going to post something on Proboards to let everyone know of the move?

3) Can I be credited with the 362 posts and "senior member" status that I earned on proboards? Or am I a newbie once more?

4) Just for old times' sake, should I start a "Fire Karcher" thread again?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For the record, I'm the admin of this board so I have privileges beyond the moderator role I have on The Firehouse.

We can consider this a transition period for both sites. The Firehouse isn't going anywhere and we will continue to link hbetween both boards with the ultimate goal of having fresh stuff on this site and the old board as an archive & reference. Obviously, there's still plenty more work to be done on this site. If you have suggestions for things you'd like to see here, please don't be shy. But you can be assured we have big plans for FlameFans beyond just the message board itself.

As of right now, everybody's post counts will have to start anew. If we can figure out a way to manipulate the post counts in this new software then we will do it. But to be honest, having everyone start fresh is kind of cool since we have so many new posters on the site.

As for your Karcher inclinations, we never have problems with threads inspired by fire. :wink:
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
the board looks fantastic. hats off to all who worked so hard getting our new house in order!
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
The site looks great Sly...you're making my bare-bones Winthrop site look bad...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This is just the core of the new site. We'll be adding in some graphic touches soon that will sell our new FlameFans brand. If either of you two would like to help out as moderators of any of the forums it would be appreciated.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
weres the OT
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
...And Rubber Mallet wins the award for best avatar photo. I mean, if Tom Emanski's back-to-back-to-back AAU winning championship strategy is good enough to be endorsed by Fred McGriff, it's good enough for me.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
is this the off topic area for talking about whatever we want?
By Baldspot
Registration Days Posts
Very nice. Thanks for all the work done to get this started.
BTW, who pays for this stuff and will there be any fly bys posting? :mrgreen:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Right now, I'm paying the bills (which really aren't that ridiculous actually). At some point I hope to be able to recoup some of my losses. But for now, I just wanted to get this thing off the ground and pull control in-house.

As for fly-bys, right now guests are welcome to post. But I have more ability to control that than in the past if things get out of line. But since we have a fresh start I prefer to keep a optimistic attitude toward posters.

As for a true Off-Topic forum, I didn't establish one. But that can be changed. I created so many different types of new forums that I hopes to have a category for everything. But perhaps I can reassess the situation now that several of you have pointed this out. The cool thing with this new site is I have the flexibility to make changes without all the hassles of dealing with the Proboards people.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
31 registered users. That was quick. Perhaps it won't be as much of a transition as thought.

*Swiper, no swiping!*
*Oh maaaaaan!*
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
LUconn, you're evidently a big "Dora , the Explorer" fan. And if you don't know who she is you evidently have no one under the age of 6 living in your home. It accounts for the only Spanish I know.

BTW, we have already surpassed the 100 post mark! (2 days?)

(I liked your self-immolating avitar better. or- "AVIATOR" as GIMMETHEMIC calls it.)
By Agent2Be
Registration Days Posts
You trumped me RubberMallet or "the member formerly known as ishbox". I changed my name because I didnt want to confuse PAmedic anymore.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
LUpitt, are you joining the FBI or CIA?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
After witnessing the ridiculous sports contracts these days, perhaps he's wanting his 6% of the millions of jack that sports agents take from their clients.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
could be- "SHOW ME THE MONEY"

or Interpol: can't forget them
By Agent2Be
Registration Days Posts
Actually, I am getting into the business because these athletes need guidance. The Drew Rosenhouses of the world are idiot moneygrubbers who take advantage of their clients. I want to be the guy who is ethichal and takes care of his athletes so they can take care of it on the field. I am going to coordinate some of my contacts to be a one source shop for my athletes so they dont have to worry about taxes, their finances or the legal mumbo jumbo that comes with making big money. It is pretty exciting and I am really looking forward to getting into the business. My first step is the NFL combine in Indianapolis in February. Any Liberty grads attending?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm psychic.

BTW if you start landing some big money guys you can use media training as an enticement to come with your agency. And you know who to call for that. 8)

Seriously, I'm in the process of expanding media coaching from the boardroom now into the lockerroom. Keep me in mind for fture services.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
In record time- we've blown thru 1000 and have 50+ members. that took less than a week!

I'm excited to see the potential this board clearly has, thanks to SLYs vision. (and I'll deny having said that if asked!)

this is a great outreach for LU!
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
when is the firehouse closing??? we will need a proper tribute to that great building block!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Once we get everything set up here, we'll lock the doors on the old site. But since we are still under construction, its good to have an option should we have any downtime on the server.

As for our fast start, I think we are just building momentum. You guys closer to campus can get the word out to students & alumni much better than I can online.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]