The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Yes Forest is really nice. I was working full time when we moved here we would probably have been out there with my boy Paul Nazigian and Prototype's crib. Now THAT is a nice neighborhood! Sly, I hope I get a chance to show Sly and the Family Foxes around when you visit in March!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We plan on trying to be in Lynchburg for a couple of days. So as long as anyone is in town during Spring Break we should be able to catch up. Right now we are tentatively set to be there March 13th & 14th before heading up to DC the morning of the 15th. We've put in for Congressional White House tour passes for that Tuesday.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I am bumping this one up for the new guys on the block (Monster 35). Plus it gives me more pub so HMO, Medic and Sly can get on me about my ego :wink:
By Monster 35
Registration Days Posts
Wow. It's been a while. That's the dude I remember. Can you believe that cat ate about 3500 calories a day. I've got to say something about Scar's dunks. I was there for two years so I got to watch an evolution in Tim's game. Even though he could always jump his dunking in games just kind of happened. And once he got his first one he started trying to dunk everything. EVERYTHING. If he got a step on his man he was going for the tin. I don't want to speculate on a success rate, but it sure looked nice. Scar was a really strong one legged jumper. It's one thing to be able to jump, it's quite another to be able to do it in a crowd when you're getting bumped around and held which happens on almost every play. It wasn't his 37" (peanuts) vert that did it for him it was his one legged stuff.

Anyway, glad to see you've finally grown into that head.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for validating my memory Monster. Sometimes I think it has been so long that I may be remembering my high school days and college blended together. I did try to dunk everything my last 2 seasons for sure. I did miss a few too :wink: but I think I made most of those attempts. And I have almost surpassed the size of my head!
By Big -e-
Registration Days Posts
Monster 35 wrote:Wow. It's been a while. That's the dude I remember. Can you believe that cat ate about 3500 calories a day..
Yeah....3000 calories were spent on Little Debbie's, nachos with slices of gov'ment cheese(nuked to perfection), and grepp soda.

M-35, you wanna know where all those Swiss Rolls & Oatmeal Pies from your foot locker went to.....Ahem....
By Monster 35
Registration Days Posts
No wonder he didn't have anything to say when I said I caught Harden scripping my food. Tim was probably supposed to be the look out.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Ok fellas, blame the black guy right? :lol: :lol: Just kidding of course. No I can honestly say that my mom stocked me so full of little debbies and poptarts at the begginning of the year with care packages and such that I was able to leave Monster's sweets alone. However Stephon Leary and I would consume a semesters worth after about a month and then we would raid the machines under dorm 23 in the middle lobby. That is where I got my 'grepp' soda. Now Harden? I know he had the sticky fingers :wink:
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
timmy loves his little debbie cakes!!! :D
By dompennix
Registration Days Posts
:lol: Wow this thread is funny, and for the record I see all this 03 talk. I live there but I dont see the big deal.
By libertyFANatic123
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:Sly you are killing me man. Where did you get that pic? I actually have that one in my scrap book. I remember the game well. It was against Mt St. Mary's. That is cool. I only have a poster size of the dunk. I used to have a 4x6 but it is missing from my collection. Medic, you should have come over to Stately Scarborough Manor and you would have seen the poster size dunk in the closet. Mrs. Scar has not let me hang it up in the rec room. GMTM has seen it but I don't know if I ever bothered to show him the video. Man what memories....As far as the legs? 37 inch vertical with those thighs but I will never have that body again. Way, way too old. For the record I used to squat about 530 for reps of 3-5 and I leg pressed 730 10 times back then. Those numbers (including the vertical) are way, down! No comment on the shorts or the Hair cut. Rumors about the clock around the neck may or may not be true....Yeeeeeaaaah Boooooooyyyeeeeeee!!!
thats a running verticle isn't it :P :P :P :P
By RJ
Registration Days Posts
Scar, you're my favorite broadcast partner, but you have to let it go! Come on Big Guy, You don't see me reliving my glory days of LU wrestling, do you? (of course I never had any "glory days" ... but that's not the point) And why have I never been invited to stately Scarborough Manner? You've been to disugusting and ugly Jones' homestead. (thank God for squatters rights) You really need to return the favor!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
RJ,

you finally jumped in with both feet? Were you waiting for the new look on flamefans before you got in? Stately Manor in 3ynchburg is gone but you are welcome to come out here to the Capital and stay in the Smoothie suite. Big Smooth has his own room named after him in my house but he hasn't been here yet either. Looking forward to working with you again bro. I saw the schedule and it looks like you are going to be REALLY Busy for a while.

SCAR
By Champion
Registration Days Posts
I might take you up on that ... of course you would have to rename it the Jonesy Suite! Yea, we have a really good schedule this year. I am looking forward to this year. I have already done a lot of prep work for football and volleyball. NCC still hasn't put their football roster up on their website yet. I know its a month away, but I like to be prepared. We'll have to talk soon. I'm really interested in your take with the basketball program. Also, one of my former students is walking on with the LU team. The kid is a really good player and deadly shooter. I hope he makes it. Take care Scar and I'll see you at the stadium.

In today’s game you can’t have more th[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.