The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
this has nothing to do with strange and funny stories but speaking of Word of Life, I was just up in upstate New York for thanksgiving and I was told that both WOL and Cedarville are going to become Southern Baptist affiliated.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LUConn, Sly tells us that Cedarville already is SBC.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:LUConn, Sly tells us that Cedarville already is SBC.
Then it must be true.
By Stevewalt
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:this has nothing to do with strange and funny stories but speaking of Word of Life, I was just up in upstate New York for thanksgiving and I was told that both WOL and Cedarville are going to become Southern Baptist affiliated.
I graduated from WOLBI in 1988, before coming down to Liberty, and this would really suprise me. This would not be a typical WOL move, but anything is possible. My nephew is going there right now I will have to find out.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:And if you ever become a football coach, we can look back at the time you were practicing a fake halftime speech in the bathroom.
ANd it still turned out pretty well (although I should have engaged more people with my eye contact)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If you call slamming the board unnecessarily five times and saying the same two sentences for five minutes pretty well, sure.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:LUConn, Sly tells us that Cedarville already is SBC.
Only sort of. They are a school that the State Convention of Baptists in Ohio recommend, and they may be getting some money (not sure). IIRC, there was a big controversy about this among GARBC folks (Cedarville was a GARB school).

The problem that conservative Southern Baptists have is that the the SBC undergrad schools (with a few exceptions) are run by the states, and the conservative resurgence hasn't taken hold there yet. In fact, many of the schools are taking steps to make sure that the resurgence doesn't take hold. Conservative Southern Baptists are looking for schools to send their Cooperative Program money to, and Cedarville got the vote. That's probably the situation with WOL, though I don't know anything about that.

Denominational politics -- fun. :vomit
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:If you call slamming the board unnecessarily five times and saying the same two sentences for five minutes pretty well, sure.
Hey, I didn't think it was speech of the year. If I had prepared more what I was gonna say Id of probably done a better job. I don't know what it is about getting up in front of people, but I have always had a hard time with it. Im working on geting better at it though (Its something Im gonna need to do if I want to be a coach)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:And if you ever become a football coach, we can look back at the time you were practicing a fake halftime speech in the bathroom.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

never had laughed so hard after leaving the bathroom hearing that
By Jim DuBois
Registration Days
Remember the Circus Tent used for chapel? And Dr. Falwell's comment on Kendra Cooke and "Oh, Holy Night"?
By Donkey Hotey
Registration Days
lawyerchik1 wrote: The one I actually witnessed was the guy who spoke at chapel that did the "Walk Across America" - he had a slide show presentation, and he included a photo of his dog. When he announced his dog's name, it was (you guessed it) Cooper, and the whole auditorium yelled "COOPER!!" The guy couldn't figure out why his dog's name was such a crowd-pleaser, but it was kind of funny.

Good times.....
I remember that! :lol:
By Donkey Hotey
Registration Days
Jim DuBois wrote:Remember the Circus Tent used for chapel? And Dr. Falwell's comment on Kendra Cooke and "Oh, Holy Night"?
That was funny.

Also, during chapel, Dobson singing,

"It's haircut time
Haircut time
Your hair is growing
Your ears aren't showing
Don't hesitate
You reprobates..."

as a warning to the guys that their hair was getting a little long.
By JeanW
Registration Days Posts
Jim DuBois wrote:Remember the Circus Tent used for chapel? And Dr. Falwell's comment on Kendra Cooke and "Oh, Holy Night"?
Oh yes! One of those things you don't forget!!! :D

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.