The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JeanW
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:
Rocketfan wrote:You wouldn't have to bring it up if you would have just posted it so we all knew instead of making us figure it out.
I didn't really know I was under an obligation to do that sort of thing.
I don't think the admins are obligated to do so.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Thanks.

I really didn't think it was a big deal, considering what he was bringing to the table.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Next time it happens you should be like, "Hear Ye, Hear Ye, all good and noble FlameFans participants. We, the administration, under the authority of God and Jesus, have decided to ban the user _____ from further activity on this here site."
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:Thanks.

I really didn't think it was a big deal, considering what he was bringing to the table.
First person ever banned from this site.....thats a historical moment to note....

and yes i was quoting scorhy earlier.
Last edited by Rocketfan on October 17th, 2007, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I could care less you didn't tell us, it really isn't required...but....I still miss laughing at him...on days I was procrastinating he provided great entertainment
By topcat86
Registration Days Posts
I'm still around...just busy running a household :) and visiting with my daughter who's home from LU for Thanksgiving.
Have a great holiday season!
By ReKlef
Registration Days Posts
So are the old Big South 02-05 message board guys on here? Apparently LUconn is unless he has an imposter. What about the rowdies or the winthrop guys? jack sparrow? weswickards? eli? the landscaper? the lawyer from WU? zz? the other WU guy who was pretty memorable but whose name I can't place? I think there was at least one UNCA guy, and maybe a coastal or two. has bucnasty found this place?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Pretty much everyone you listed posts here.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Is GMTM still around? If not, I know where we can find him........

........... the next cell over from Guy LaFleur.
By ReKlef
Registration Days Posts
Let me get this straight. Did you try to legitimize Jack Sparrow?
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
I would retire from FlameFans, but first I want to know about the requirements / waiting periods for the 'FlameFans Hall of Fame'.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Ed Dantes wrote:I would retire from FlameFans, but first I want to know about the requirements / waiting periods for the 'FlameFans Hall of Fame'.
Are you not annoyed/curious/outraged that someone was posting with something that was very similar to your real name? I actually thought that was your real name for the longest time.
By ReKlef
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:
Ed Dantes wrote:I would retire from FlameFans, but first I want to know about the requirements / waiting periods for the 'FlameFans Hall of Fame'.
Are you not annoyed/curious/outraged that someone was posting with something that was very similar to your real name? I actually thought that was your real name for the longest time.
Sorry, man, in my book, that bad guy wins
By ReKlef
Registration Days Posts
ReKlef wrote:
LUconn wrote:
Sorry, man, in my book, that bad guy wins
He's actually right up there with the borkback flama
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:
I remember when I found out about it a few years ago, and I was infuriated, actually. When I confronted the guy, he stopped (at least as far as I know). Whatever. I've made a few enemies in my life.

Unrelated, though -- my original question remains. If I retired from Flamefans, what are the requirements / waiting periods for the 'FF Hall of Fame'?

I would say that inductees into any FF Hall of Fame need at least 1500 posts, and 3 years of service. Elections are every year (six months?), and at least 75% support is required for induction.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
This thread has me confused :dontgetit
By ReKlef
Registration Days Posts
You apparently weren't here in the old days when it was just you, me, and jack sparrow
By ReKlef
Registration Days Posts
Will the weal wes wickards please stand up

Sometimes it takes an imposter to make the man. I liked the old jerry falwell xanga. Too bad he made them cut it down.
By ReKlef
Registration Days Posts
By the way, manson, I apologize for posting irrlevant things in this thread. Only about 8 people have a clue about what is going on, anyways.

That's the end of my discussion about the irrelevant past :(

In today’s game you can’t have more th[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.