The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By belcherboy
Registration Days Posts
I've been a practical jokester for most my life, and my time at Liberty was no different. I was at Liberty from '93-'00 (spent 6.5 years there) I figured it would be fun to put down pranks you or people in your dorm/friends pulled while at Liberty. I have a TON, but figured I would post just a few for now (many I forget about but something sparks my memory every once in a while).

The first one that I was very proud of was changing the Marriott menu line. They used to have a number you could call to find out what was being served at Marriott that day. They used an old answering machine to record the message and I figured out the access code. Many of the answering machines on campus had the same access code (I must have changed outgoing messages on 20 different machines...it was a good time) We would change the outgoing message to nasty foods. (i.e. Cow pies for desert, cantaloupe juice, Cactus patties, bat feces soup, etc. all said in the same monotone voice as the original message)

The second was some guys in my hall would go on these "ninja" missions at night . They would sneak from the circle to the guard shack near Williams stadium in the middle of the night (dressed like a ninja). One would have a camera, the other a water balloon. One guy would jump out, throw the water balloon at the security guy, while the other would take a picture. They both would then run through the parking lot, into the woods. They had some dandy pictures. I'm not sure they did it more than twice. They claimed more times, but I'm not sure I believed them.

Finally (this one has been done several times I'm sure), my buddy decided it was time to light the spirit rock on fire. He snuck out with a 3 gallon gas can. He dumped the entire can on the rock and lit it up. I didn't see the fire, just the fire truck that was brought in, but from what I'm told, the layers of old paint on the rock made the thing spark up.

I'll remember more later, but something reminded me of the "ninja missions", so I thought I would post a few on here.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
I bet you put bubbles in the water fountain, too.... :roll:
By belcherboy
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:I bet you put bubbles in the water fountain, too.... :roll:
I actually didn't want to waste my laundry detergent. My last few years there they finally started shutting off the fountain the last few weeks of school. It became a giant dumping ground for left over laundry soap.

I remember the one thing that we thought was funny as freshman, but got old real quick when we became upper classmen was penny locking the doors. I remember my freshman year, we had a junior on our hall. He would get SOOOO p.o.'d at us. He was p locked one night, and some guys on my hall kept messing with him. He climbed out his window with a metal pipe and was cussing out everyone on the hall with this pipe in his hands (#@# freshman!! I got class tomorrow you @#@% freshman #@#@#). I felt bad for the guy, but it was funny. As I got older, I realized how much of a freshman thing it was.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Not exactly a prank, but when East 5 and East 6 were male (and rival) dorms, we used to use sling shots to shoot water balloons at each other's halls. And the Christmas Lights competitions...after we-East 6-won, East 5 stole our 30 foot Christmas tree that we had in front of our dorm. Grrrr...
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
belcherboy wrote: Finally (this one has been done several times I'm sure), my buddy decided it was time to light the spirit rock on fire. He snuck out with a 3 gallon gas can. He dumped the entire can on the rock and lit it up. I didn't see the fire, just the fire truck that was brought in, but from what I'm told, the layers of old paint on the rock made the thing spark up.
I think somebody tries this every couple of months. Is it the thought that paint is flamable that makes people do it? I don't know. I'm pretty sure paint is not.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
Can't remember the dorm number, but from the seond floor half way down the hall on the first dorm at the top of the hill facing DeMoss, people use to launch water balloons toward unsuspecting students coming and going to class. (They had a decent setup because they could splash people about half way down the sidewalk across the street.)

The other one I saw was dudes filling the trashcans from the end of the hall 2/3s of the way at the and then seeing 6 guys trying to tilt it against an unsuspecting captive student's penny-locked door. After the pennies had been removed, eventually the dude would try to open the door with force and a tsunami of water would welcome his newfound freedom.

Oh and rumors of the track team guys shaving one eyebrow on the freshman runners at one point.
By jvegas14
Registration Days Posts
The greatest prank in LU history was pulled off by myself and a few cohorts. Our late chancellor always reminded me of it on a yearly basis. Trust me, it was legendary. :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
When the top floors of DeMoss were being constructed, students used to tell me that they would take their golf clubs up to the dorm at the top of those tall steps and hit golf balls at the construction workers down below. The students felt that construction workers were fair game, since they were wearing hard hats for protection.
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:When the top floors of DeMoss were being constructed, students used to tell me that they would take their golf clubs up to the dorm at the top of those tall steps and hit golf balls at the construction workers down below. The students felt that construction workers were fair game, since they were wearing hard hats for protection.
I watched kids play football on the roof of demoss one night while it was under construction....that was a quite entertaining.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
jvegas14 wrote:The greatest prank in LU history was pulled off by myself and a few cohorts. Our late chancellor always reminded me of it on a yearly basis. Trust me, it was legendary. :lol:
Were you the guy who lit the rock on fire and then used a tractor to tip it over?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure the statute of limitations has been exceeded so why not spill the beans on this legendary prank?
By jvegas14
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I'm sure the statute of limitations has been exceeded so why not spill the beans on this legendary prank?
All I'm going to say is, it involved fireworks, LOTS of fireworks (not just firecrackers), fire alarms, the guard shack, long fuses, camel cigarettes, amongst other things :lol:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Now I am SERIOUSLY intrigued.

:flamingdevil
By jvegas14
Registration Days Posts
Oh, and I forgot to mention it all went down at 2:00 a.m. :twisted:

I don't have time right now, but maybe this weekend.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
This guy must have been on the soccer team. I remeber this going down
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
jvegas14 wrote:The greatest prank in LU history was pulled off by myself and a few cohorts. Our late chancellor always reminded me of it on a yearly basis. Trust me, it was legendary. :lol:
Were you the guy who lit the rock on fire and then used a tractor to tip it over?
To my knowledge the rock has only been tipped once and it was certainly not a tractor. The logistics of using a tractor to do it are out of this world. They just dug out behind it.
By jvegas14
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote:This guy must have been on the soccer team. I remeber this going down
This particular incident happened in the spring of 1991 and was carried out by, for the most part, football players. :D
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:
ATrain wrote:
To my knowledge the rock has only been tipped once and it was certainly not a tractor. The logistics of using a tractor to do it are out of this world. They just dug out behind it.
True story....dug up and pushed down the hill by quite a few guys....thus the reason its now cemented into the ground.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I remember when the spirit rock was set on fire, right after an LU basketball game. The LU Flames with a spirit rock on fire was a great image, until I heard the LUPD sirens coming to rescue that poor old torched stone.
:flamingdevil
By AZjonz
Registration Days Posts
Salt water bombing the vending machines.

The soda machines at Liberty used to be pretty crappy. I knew of certain people (ahem) who would mix salt in warm water and pour it down the change slot. This would short circuit the machine and when you pressed the button for a soda (or pop, or coke), every soda would come out.

This happened so many times that Liberty changed their machines.
By sweetnahmah1
Registration Days Posts
did anyone ever hear about someone putting a dead deer on the rock?
that was me and a couple other guys freshman year. (2 years ago)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If that was the one with the beer cans then we have a pic of it somewhere on the board.
By sweetnahmah1
Registration Days Posts
no it's not. we went out at like 2 in the morning got a dead deer off of 501 put it in the back of a kids car then went up on 460 and dragged the deer down the hill across the ditch and threw it up on the rock. it was a sunday morning, the worst part was that the clean up crew on campus somehow heard about early that morning and took it off around 7 or 8 in the morning so not that many people saw it.
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
actually, the rock was dug up by the hockey team. it was not rolled anywhere, as it weighs several tons, it merely fell back into the hole that was dug under and behind it. it took a front end loader to pick the rock up so that it could be replaced.

as for the concrete, it was actually my buddy's idea (who worked for LUPD at the time) to drill holes in the rock, run re-bar through it and fasten it to the concrete that way. (with no re-bar, there is nothing really securing the rock to the concrete, other than sheer weight)

this led to the rock being tagged as soon as the concrete was dry with the slogan "The rock pinned stone cold"... for those of you that remember that.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]