The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jim DuBois
Registration Days
Anyone remember the sulpher vials in Chapel in the late 70's?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
sweetnahmah1 wrote:did anyone ever hear about someone putting a dead deer on the rock?
that was me and a couple other guys freshman year. (2 years ago)
roommate hit a deer on way back to campus after a weekend spent at home in NC. Was snowing coming up 29, and he hit a deer with his truck. He stopped, put it into his truck bed, and kept on coming. At 3am, four of us we went back out to the truck, drove to Wal-Mart, bought women's underwear, drove back to campus, dragged the deer to in front of the RA's door, put the women's underwear on it, and left it. RA's woke near 10am for convo to their new visitor. Smell was interesting...never caught.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
(Did everyone have one RA they lov3ed, and one they nearly hated? Maybe it was just me...)

Anyway, I was in the Ra's room, having casual conversation with the RA I didn't particularly like my sophomore year. From right under his nose, I took his keys and put them into my pocket. The next day (a Wednesday), I left for 4 days on the road with one of the athletic teams. He didn't notice his keys missing until the enxt morning, when he had to do room checks during convo. Thursday night, I'm still on the road of course, but he blister the entire hall of guys for 20+ minutes about the missing keys, and how many reps they'll get, and that they'll get kicked out of school. BUT, if the perpetrator fessed up that night, just four reps would be given.

I heard about all of this while on the road. The keys had been stored in our fireproof, deadbolt locking two-drawer file cabinet in our room (great storage for all contraband.) Only my roommate knew about it, and he was cracking up= laughing. He didn't like that RA, eithe,r so he wasn't saying a word.

I get back from the roadtrip, and find out from my nice RA that the lost keys were going to cost his partner his job as an RA, and subsequently his scholarship. They were also going to have to replace every door lock on both floors of my dorm. Meanwhile, the RA who lost his keys was openly blaming some poor kid on the hall. I felt really bad for the kid, and maybe a little for the RA who had a meeting the next morning with one of the Dean's to report he'd not gotten his keys back. So I taped them to his door frame at 2am with some stupid message like, "Don't mess with me!"
By ALVI22
Registration Days Posts
all i can say is poop in a pizza box left for LUPD ! the female "cop" face was priceless!

Good old Dorm 11
By Champion
Registration Days Posts
jvegas14 wrote:The greatest prank in LU history was pulled off by myself and a few cohorts. Our late chancellor always reminded me of it on a yearly basis. Trust me, it was legendary. :lol:

Apparently not as legendary as you thought.
By belcherboy
Registration Days Posts
:lol:

Does anyone know what it was?
By Min Donner
Registration Days
Does putting out an underground newspaper count as a prank. It was only one issue since the heat it generated was intense.
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
Does anyone remember the details of the time when a couple of students locked themselves in the campus radio station and blasted LU? They wound up getting expelled over it (and rightfully so).

Can someone fill me in on the details? All of it? I believe some of it involved the basketball team. I know it's sensitive information, so just PM me. I'd appreciate it.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I think that's been brought up a few times on here. Some dude Sly was on the radio did something or other. Now he makes a living being anti-evangelical. I think some prof may have even gotten fired. Or maybe it was just in trouble. I did a search but I couldn't find it.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have tried to get the whole story on that for a long time and still have not gotten a straight answer from anybody about it
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
Belcher... any insight?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We have recanted the Chris, Frank & Mike WLBU episode many times on here. It was a prerecorded show if memory serves me correct and I don't recall the door being locked but perhaps it was. And it wasn't so much a blast of LU as just simply crass and disturbing material.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

UVA playing against a mid-pack MEAC team is their […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]