The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
No, you see Rob and Danny were actually the same guy parading as 2 different guys. So actually Danny replaced danny as rob and rob replaced rob as danny. The whole thing was a evil plot by the vast liberty underground confusion network!
By justagirl
Registration Days Posts
knucklehead, your a knucklehead :)
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
justagirl wrote:knucklehead, your a knucklehead :)
justagirl, I'm Honered that you registered and used your very first post to give me that great complement. I know that though, thus the name!
By justagirl
Registration Days Posts
It was my pleasure.

I figured after reading through the forums that the only way to survive in here is with cheap shots..haha...so i took it and ran.

nice to meet you :)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
To all the newbies who have joined FlameFans via this thread, consider yourselves welcome and feel free to join the other discussions we have on here as well.

And as someone who has spent a great deal of time in Wimberley (that FieldTurf at the Texans' stadium was a big step forward for WISD) I stand by my comments in referencing God's Country. :wink:
By checkmate
Registration Days Posts
El Sorcho said
"You were just as critical (although somewhat sly about it) of current staff efforts in another thread, and yet now you're trying to call out someone else for the same thing? Not cool.

You're not off to a good start on FlameFans."

Oh ok you want...We have no talent, have played a monster schedule and are being over looked for the playoffs. I try to look at things as objectively as possible. In two years the song may be completely different. Joe Torre may get fired for not having enough pitching. Patience will be required no matter who is the coach. Coach Rocco has support(budget, facilities and staff) and appears to me moving ahead of at least the others in the Big South.

But for some to criticize Rob Jackson who probably have never invested in any thing what he has in Liberty is simply amazing. Rob is a great team player and will be missed.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I have no idea who Jsquarred is but I have drawn my own conclusions by some simple reasoning
Last edited by Hold My Own on October 11th, 2007, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
checkmate wrote:Oh ok you want...We have no talent, have played a monster schedule and are being over looked for the playoffs. I try to look at things as objectively as possible. In two years the song may be completely different. Joe Torre may get fired for not having enough pitching. Patience will be required no matter who is the coach. Coach Rocco has support(budget, facilities and staff) and appears to me moving ahead of at least the others in the Big South.

But for some to criticize Rob Jackson who probably have never invested in any thing what he has in Liberty is simply amazing. Rob is a great team player and will be missed.
Oh. I get it now. You have to stay for a really long time before you can get support from other people. So noted.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:
checkmate wrote:Oh ok you want...We have no talent, have played a monster schedule and are being over looked for the playoffs. I try to look at things as objectively as possible. In two years the song may be completely different. Joe Torre may get fired for not having enough pitching. Patience will be required no matter who is the coach. Coach Rocco has support(budget, facilities and staff) and appears to me moving ahead of at least the others in the Big South.

Oh. I get it now. You have to stay for a really long time before you can get support from other people. So noted.
I feel like I'm on the Sopranos Message board all of a sudden. Who is the mystery informant?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
According to Rob Jackson's facebook profile & the church's web page, he's now the senior pastor at Forestville Baptist Church in Greenville, SC: http://www.forestville.org
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Congrats to Rob and his family. Although I admit I cringe when I think of being in that town with BJU on one side and the Furman Vermin on the other.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I really like Greenville. I spent 3 weeks there doing training for my job back in the summer of 91. It's not much bigger than Lynchburg, but with a lot more entertainment and cultural opportunities.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for bringing up one of our more interesting threads CJ :lol:
By Baldspot
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure he will do well. Being an LU graduate working as a head pastor in Greenville SC sounds interesting.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Don't know RJ at all, but have a long history with JF ministries; seems like many a person left by the wayside were simply in the wrong "camp" at the wrong time (i.e. 5-15-07). I'm always glad to see a "pet" let go when he's been kept too long- not that RJ fits that mold... My guess is that there is still some blood to be let, and with a major Admin. change, I'm sure no one is surprised.
By bozlady
Registration Days Posts
Rob was my first boss at Liberty. He hired me back in Aug 1994 and I stayed as his Admin. Asst for almost 6 years, up until when he left for Wimberly in 2000. Just before he left he had heard that the new football coach (Karcher) was looking for an Admin., Asst. I've been at football since June 2000. Rob was a GREAT and an amazing boss and leader. I learned SOOOOOO much from him and I truly believe that I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for him. I will cherish my years at the Campus Pastor's office. We built great relationships with one another and with the multitude of student workers that came through our office. Rob is a very intelligent, and God loving person, I see no problem with him being blessed and being a blessing wherever he goes.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Bottom line is RJ is a great man and his story of rise to success is reason enough to keep him around out of respect. He went from a night shift security guard for JF to being one of his best Spiritual advisor's.

Either way he and the family are happy. I actually ran into the family tonight.

It's one of those inevitable fall outs when JF passed. Some things are never be the same and some things are handled differently now that he is gone. Thats normal and not something to really complain about but rather accept but hope that we are headed in the right direction, and it appears we are.
By #10
Registration Days Posts
I may still be a Spark but I only post on things important to me. I've known Rob for 15 years. Like all of us he had some faults. Like a lot of us he shared deeply in the Vision. He was an excellent speaker and teacher. He and Dwayne ran a great office. I'm sorry some of you had a bad experience but overall the people in the SA office were exceptional and they helped so many. DL may have been the wild man and gotten people pumped up but he ran (my opinion) a sorry program and I was glad to see him go. Rob's years of service are worthy of honors. I will miss him.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
LOL...yeah...let's not put DL in the same league as RJ...one got more recognition than the other but I think that's b/c people were unable to see through the fog not to mention one of the two thrived and needed that recognition
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Let's stay focused on Rob and not turn this into a Danny bashing if at all possible.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Is that who the DL stood for...oh...my bad...back to topic :D
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Somehow I let this slip between the cracks over the holidays ...
The Greenville News wrote:He may be traditional, but Forestville pastor is on the cutting edge in many ways

By Abe Hardesty • CITY PEOPLE WRITER • December 24, 2008

TRAVELERS REST -- The Rev. Rob Jackson is a traditionalist in many ways.

A notable exception is Christmas Eve.

"I've often thought it was sad that on what could be our Number One day of worship -- Christmas Eve -- that so many Baptist churches give up the opportunity to worship," Jackson says.

In order to worship on Christmas Eve over the years, Jackson has usually visited churches outside his denomination. While living in Virginia, his home for most of the past 30 years, he and his family attended a Lutheran church that held annual Christmas Eve services.

That changes today.

In his first Christmas as pastor at Forestville Baptist Church, Jackson plans a Christmas Eve service at the Southern Baptist church near Travelers Rest. It's scheduled for 5-6 p.m.
Click Here for Full Story
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Rob just got a big shout out after tonight's big WBB win. They said he welcomed the team to his house/church and made them feel like they were at home. Also they said several members of the church came and Rob gave the pre-game speech to the girls.

That's great to hear, it's nice for him to stay connected and welcoming them with open arms when he didnt have to (and a lot wouldnt have)
By Baldspot
Registration Days Posts
Very classy thing to do, but that's just Rob.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]