The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
rob will be fine when he moves back to Wimberly.......I just think it was time for Lu to move in a different direction. It has, and will (hopefully) be a great thing for the Jackson family.

thanks checkmate

I am critical, it's only because I expect the best
By somethingbrewing
Registration Days Posts
Rob Jackson is now on staff at TRBC...so he isn't really going anywhere
By fan00
Registration Days Posts
I love how rumors fly...Rob Jackson has been on staff at TRBC. He teaches a Sunday School class and Wednesday night community group. Who said he was moving back to Wimberley?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Who knows where rumors begin. But you couldn't blame Rob if he did return to God's Country. 8)
By somethingbrewing
Registration Days Posts
since when do you have to be on staff to teach a sunday school class??? he has not been on staff.....
By fan00
Registration Days Posts
well "on staff" then...he's not doing any more than that still that i can tell-check the trbc staff website...no mention of him there
By somethingbrewing
Registration Days Posts
it hasn't been announced...A very good friend of mine is on staff, so this is far from a rumor.
By JSQUARED
Registration Days
SO glad to hear your friend is on staff, kudos to you..however you don't know what your talking about. Trust me on that one.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
JSQUARED wrote:SO glad to hear your friend is on staff, kudos to you..however you don't know what your talking about. Trust me on that one.
It's now OFFICIAL!!!!
We are surrounded by "insiders".
:roll:
By fan00
Registration Days Posts
Insiders...you don't know the half of it...
By JSQUARED
Registration Days
or the whole of it for that matter :)
By somethingbrewing
Registration Days Posts
haha...its funny how mad people get...calm down children
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
All of the crazy posts are coming from people with 100 posts or less lately.

I keep editing this post. I think I should leave it like this.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
how come i've never heard of rob jackson...luconn, help me out...

also, clausen was great....i didn't learn diddly poo in his class but i liked provoking him to talk about conspiracy theories...
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
he replaced Lovett as campus pastor. Gray hair, he would say "let's pray" when you'd least expect it. and he would always be the "you may be seated" guy in convo.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
I think the newbies are just pot stirrers and don't know SQUAT!
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:he replaced Lovett as campus pastor. Gray hair, he would say "let's pray" when you'd least expect it. and he would always be the "you may be seated" guy in convo.
i think i remember him replacing lovett, but i had moved off campus and never again attended convo or went to campus church...
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Knucklehead wrote:I think the newbies are just pot stirrers and don't know SQUAT!
From what I can see, that may not be entirely true.
By JSQUARED
Registration Days
coming from a newbie..i know alot. I'll try to post more so that I can be one of the ones with 100 or more posts :) sorry!

Also, Rob Jackson didn't replace Danny. Danny replaced Rob when he moved to Wimberley, TX. Then he came back and went back to the same position with a little twist. Just clarifying.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
I didn't read his post you referred to, but I've been around long enough to know that there are definitely different sets of standards when it comes to criticisms allowed, tolerated, and even sanctioned. No scientific study - just my opinion based on what I've observed.
Last edited by grm on October 10th, 2007, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JSQUARED
Registration Days
lol--clarify that for me, in english?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
JSQUARED wrote:coming from a newbie..i know alot. I'll try to post more so that I can be one of the ones with 100 or more posts :) sorry!

Also, Rob Jackson didn't replace Danny. Danny replaced Rob when he moved to Wimberley, TX. Then he came back and went back to the same position with a little twist. Just clarifying.
hey let's paint it however we can so that whoever can save face. As a student, you saw Rob preaching to the students at campus church, and then you saw danny for a few years and then you saw Rob again. So whatever the positions were called, Rob replaced Danny who had replaced Rob.
By JSQUARED
Registration Days
little touchy there LUCONN . no one is saving face..just stating facts. thats what these forums are about right?

sorry to have hit a nerve :wink:
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
no nerve hit because I honestly dont' care about any of this. But what you said didn't really make much sense. Danny replaced Rob, and then Rob came back and resumed his position, but didn't replace Danny? That doesn't follow.

edit I'm obviously just arguing for the sake of arguing. Feel free to not respond. I don't even know why I'm posting about this. I guess it's because that's what we do here. Post about stuff.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]