The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By sitemdown77
Registration Days Posts
Hey guys, be heads up. There is talk about Jason Jones possibly getting called up to the show to start in Baltimore this weekend.
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
sitemdown77 wrote:Hey guys, be heads up. There is talk about Jason Jones possibly getting called up to the show to start in Baltimore this weekend.
I was wondering how long it would be considering his minor league numbers seem to be just as good as anyone else the Yanks have called up.
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Any word on which day?
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
Guess not. Yet, at least.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Phil Hughes is standing in his way at the moment. But I expect him to get called up with the expanded rosters in September ... most likely in a middle relief role so he can get a taste of the show before earning his way onto the ballclub in the spring.
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Phil Hughes is standing in his way at the moment. But I expect him to get called up with the expanded rosters in September ... most likely in a middle relief role so he can get a taste of the show before earning his way onto the ballclub in the spring.
Perhaps why the Yankees didn't bring him up for a taste:
A one-month call-up can cost about $66,000 in extra salary, plus another $3,000 in per diems, as well as extra insurance costs, travel costs and so on. Adding a player to the 40-man roster also makes him eligible for the new minor league minimum salary, which runs about $65,000 (compared to $12,000 or less for minor leaguers who have yet to be added to a 40-man roster or reach minor league free agency)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Jason already makes more than the minimum. A bigger factor is starting the clock on MLB service. Although that hasn't typically been a big issue for George.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
From a Pennsylvanian fishwrap ...
Pursuing MLB consistency
Up-and-down Jones stars as Triple-A Yanks hurler

By Van Rose vrose@timesleader.com
Sports Reporter

TAMPA, Fla. — Like every pitcher in the New York Yankees farm system, Jason Jones’ goal is to pitch in Yankee Stadium.

However, right now the 25-year-old right-hander is willing to settle for a spot on Scranton/Wilkes-Barre’s opening-day roster—preferably in the starting rotation.

Jones, who spent the past two seasons at Double-A Trenton, is making a strong case for himself in spring training. He’s had two stellar appearances for the Triple-A Yankees, including an impressive performance on Monday.
Click Here for Full Story
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Jason already makes more than the minimum. A bigger factor is starting the clock on MLB service. Although that hasn't typically been a big issue for George.

well...as of right now he isnt making the minimum or even close to it...I think you're thinking about his signing bonus which is a one time thing...but as soon as he steps foot in the NY locker room he's going to be doing just fine...

I really hope he makes it this year...this year is so important for him...I just talked to him a few months ago and he seemed in great spirits
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Oh no...I need LUconn...is this better than Smithson that we made fun of because he had his site...i mean Jones is playing professional baseball now and isnt still in college...but I need someone else's opinion on this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Agents typically set up these sites as part of the deal with big leaguers. No big deal.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]