The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
My H.S. Soccer and Football coach was Greg Mosely. He was the reason I went to LU in the first Place. Does anyone have any pics of him in a Flames Uniform back in the Day? Greg Was a running back for LU (held Yards per carry record for a while) and a RB in the USFL as well. Wonder where he is now?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Don't know about the USFL, but Greg is at USC Upstate in Spartunburg SC. If you look at some of the football media guides and maybe the programs from just a few years ago, he is stll there in uniform. If you PM me I can give you his contact information.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
No pics, but I certainly remember him. He also held the single-game rushing record for a while. He was a sub- 4.5 40 guy at a time that we just didn't have players with that kind of speed.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:No pics, but I certainly remember him. He also held the single-game rushing record for a while. He was a sub- 4.5 40 guy at a time that we just didn't have players with that kind of speed.
I know about the speed. He'd kick all of our butts in Practice.
By Dale
Registration Days Posts
I think it was his final game and the only win of the '81 season against Evangel when he set the record with something like 300 yards, can't remember exactly, been a long time.
By olemisery
Registration Days
flameshaw wrote:Don't know about the USFL, but Greg is at USC Upstate in Spartunburg SC. If you look at some of the football media guides and maybe the programs from just a few years ago, he is stll there in uniform. If you PM me I can give you his contact information.
He used to coach/teach me back in Raleigh, NC. I pulled up the USC Upstate website and he wasn't on there. Did he move on?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
He is now a principal at a Christian School in Hendersonville NC. I have his number somewhere if you want to PM me, I will find it for you.
By olemisery
Registration Days
flameshaw wrote:He is now a principal at a Christian School in Hendersonville NC. I have his number somewhere if you want to PM me, I will find it for you.
Thanks, but I was able to look it up.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Wow, that's kind of wild.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10[…]

Athens Regional

Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]