The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Cool. I didn't realize that.
By Agent2Be
Registration Days Posts
Is Paul still in Chicago as the mascot? I read an article about him a couple years back, but didnt know he was still out there! Do you have any contact information for him?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
you do a great job and welcome to the board. stop by anytime, and why not even register?. da bears could have used you to help contain steve smith!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Wow, there are so many folks out there that lurk on these boards that we would love to have as members! PP I hope you join the group if you have not already. I remember you from my days when I coached with Men's basketball. Glad to see you doing well.
By Agent2Be
Registration Days Posts
Paul - this is Sean from sports management. Glad to see you are still carrying the mascot torch! Chicago is a great town. I get out there about once a month. Next time I am out that way I will catch up with you.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Are you the guy who does the butt bounce? If so you were one the "leaders" I guess, well at least was working at, the orientation for my college fora weekend. I'll always remember your famous famous butt bounce.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
ok, that was just plain weird- even for you LUconn

*"baby got back"
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Agent2Be wrote:Paul - this is Sean from sports management.
Random question: you wouldn't happen to be taking Officiating in Sports this semester would you?
By Agent2Be
Registration Days Posts
No - actually graduated in '99. They didnt offer that class then, or I would have jumped on it. Great major, but getting on with sports teams is crappy pay. You really have to pay your dues in the industry before you make any cheese.
By PaulPierson
Registration Days
Sean,
What's up homie? Can you believe it's been almost 7 years now? Let me know when your next trip out to Chicago comes about. I'll take ya out to the best pizza joint in the world. It's a local favorite, not many Chicago people know about it. I still talk to Gibby. He's teaching at Tusculum College? in Tennessee. Hit me up sometime.

LuConn-Yeah that was me butt-bouncing my way around. It's the only thing I'm known for. Pretty sad huh! :(

bigsmooth-Thanks for the nice words. I registered just for you bro! And yes, Steve Smith kicked our butts. :oops:

Scar-I still got my basketball sweats ya'll gave me at the end of the season too. What's up with our boys?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
OK, after all the talk in the Lynchburg forum about food I have to ask abotu this pizza joint in Chitown.

Where do you recommend? I'm up there on business from time to time. I love Gino's East and most of the other popular chains. This last time I was out on the NW side and had a great pie at Moretti's (?).

*** Consider this thread hopelessly highjacked ***

As for Tusculum, they are conference rivals for our likely new Big South member Presbyterian College in the Division II SAC.
By Agent2Be
Registration Days Posts
Ricardo Colcough (CB for the Steelers) was a second round draft pick in 2005 from Tusculum. I dont know why Dr. Gibson would have went there. They arent even a University....

Paul - Great to hear from you brother. I will probably be back in Chicago in a few weeks. I will PM you to get your info. Glad to hear you are doing well with the Bears. Too bad about Carolina. - you will be back next year!
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I saw an NFL films on the old Bears mascot, probably from the 70s maybe? The guy was hilarious. He didn't do much mascoting. He would just stand on the sidlines watching the games. He would yell typical fan stuff, and even yell critisizing things when they'd screw up. Occasionally he'd go over and meet up with some kids but for the most part he'd either be watching on the sidelines or sitting on the bench getting a drink. He seemed like a surley old man.

Is it a full time job? I know the cheerleaders normally have other jobs since they don't make much but I wouldn't think you'd be associated with them. If it is a full time job, what do you do when it's not game time? Do you have like practice or something? Make a few public appearances here or there on occasion, maybe? You have an interesting job.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm not speaking for Paul, but I know a bunch of the guys down here in Texas that are making serious coins mascots. The Spurs Coyote is making around a half mil if what my friends in the organization over there are accurate.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Man oh man. What are the qualifications of a mascot? I suppose you have to be in pretty good shape not to pass out. As long as you're not a New Orleans Hornet or a Pheonix Gorilla, I doubt you'd have to be too acrobatic what with the heavy heads and all. I'm not short. That could be a strike against me.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The more versatile you are the more vaulable you become. The Coyote guy has to be in his 40s now and he's still doing the trampoline dunks.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
not all of them at that level make that kind of money, in fact some arent even close...most have to do off the field gigs in order to make decent coin
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]