The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
Question: When I created my profile, I added the Falwell bobblehead avatar... and it said that it could only be a certain size (80x80, no more than 6K).

Yet... how have some (PAMedic, I'm looking at you) gotten around that?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm special.

seriously, I don't know- let me look at how I did that and I'll PM ya.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
There is an 80x80 limit. And yet not only PAmedic but LUconn both had larger avatars at first. I'm trying to figure out where the chink in the armor is located.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I was telling ED that when I set it up, I specified 80x80- don't really know why it appears larger. It may have to do w/ the white background?
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, right...it just APPEARS larger...the bobblehead background is white, two. And when I click on the properties for PAMedic's picture, it says 100 X 100 pixels!

IT IS LARGER...maybe your picture gets larger the more you post!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I believe it grows exponentially in relation to the size of one's head
By Guest
PAmedic wrote:I believe it grows exponentially in relation to the size of one's head
Then SCAR's should be the size of those Winthrop Women's Basketball pics!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
now I wasnt even gonna go there.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
just to make the rest of you happy I resized it to 80 x 80 :roll:
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly have you imported other things from the old site? I have my old AVATAR and I didn't even do anything. I am glad I have it though. Thanks (I think. If you did something that is).
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
yeah mine was huge at first. I'm used to just sticking a picture in there and letting the limit size it out for me. But with that big one it was really annoying having the text area box the same size as the poster information box. So I got rid of that bama.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I went ahead and brought over your avatar from The Firehouse. If anyone else wants their old one over here or if they are having problems getting one added here just let me know.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
See, this is what happened before. I think it's when I use an off site link to a picture. I'll try to fix it.
By Jasmen
So I'm trying to be more computer savy, but where do I choose an avatar? DO I chooses one??
Having just reg., there didn't seem to be an indication :?

PS When I tried to post it said user name already taken.?? :cry:
By Jasmen
I guess the name taken thing is b/c give it time to put reg. info up.... :D
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If you received the activation by e-mail then you should be able to sign in. Let me know if you continue having problems.

Once you get looged in, you can add avatar and other cool stuff. But you can't do any of it unless you are logged in.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]