The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
NetNews
Football: Dews Joins WVU Staff

By Shelly Poe for MSNsportsNET.com
February 28, 2007

Tony Dews

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- Tony Dews has joined the West Virginia University football staff as an assistant coach, Mountaineer head coach Rich Rodriguez announced this afternoon.

Dews comes to WVU from UNLV, where he served as linebacker coach last season and associate special teams coordinator. He was tight ends coach at Central Michigan from 2004-05, and coached the defensive line at Holy Cross in 2003.

From March, 1999, through, April, 2002, he was a graduate assistant at West Virginia, working with both the offensive line and the secondary. His coaching resume also includes stops at California, Pa. (2002), Millersville (1998) and Bainbridge (Ga.) High School (1997).

“We’re very excited to have Tony rejoining the Mountaineer football family,” Rodriguez says. “He will do a great job coaching our receivers and assisting with our special teams, and he will be particularly effective as a recruiter. He is an excellent young coach and I’m glad he will be back with us.”

A native of Lynchburg, Va., Dews is a 1996 graduate of Liberty University, where he led the Flames in receptions two seasons as an all-Virginia tight end. He earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology; Dews received a master’s degree in athletic coaching education from WVU in 2001.

The Mountaineers begin spring practice on Monday. The Gold-Blue spring scrimmage is Saturday, April 7.
http://www.msnsportsnet.com/page.cfm?ca ... tory=10575
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Happy for my man Tony. He was a beast :wink:
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
no doubt congrats to tony for making the big time!!!
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Good man!

Way to go, TD.

You had some big shoes to fill back in the day, and you did a fine job.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He followed Rich Rod up to Ann Arbor ...
Tony Dews
Wide Receivers

Dews joins the Michigan coaching staff after being part of the football programs at UNLV and West Virginia. He rejoined the Mountaineers staff as wide receiver coach in 2007 after spending the 2006 season as linebackers coach and associate special teams coordinator at UNLV. Dews was tight end coach at Central Michigan (2004-05) and mentored the defensive line at Holy Cross in 2003. His coaching resume also includes coaching stints at California, Pa. (2002), Millersville (1998) and Bainbridge (Ga.) High School (1997). Dews was also a graduate assistant coach at WVU. A Lynchburg, Virginia native, Dews received his bachelor's degree in psychology from Liberty University (1996) and earned a master's degree in athletic coaching education from WVU (2001). Dews and his wife, Tamika, have three daughters, Savannah, Sierra, and Sydney.
Click Here for Full Story
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
MGoBlue wrote:Michigan's Swiss Army Knife, Tony Dews
June 4, 2009

By Richard Retyi, U-M Athletic Media Relations

Michigan wide receivers coach Tony Dews not only believes in the concept of the complete player, he has lived it. Dews' foundation was built as a standout tight end in a pass happy offense under legendary coach Sam Rutigliano at Liberty University in Virginia. From there he coached everything from defensive linemen, offensive linemen, linebackers, tight ends and special teams players before returning to his bread and butter, wide receivers. These experiences have helped Dews become what he aspires his charges to be: complete players with the tools to succeed in any situation. Dews is Michigan's Swiss Army knife.

Dews was an All-Virginia tight end and four-year letterwinner at Liberty from 1992 to 1995 and led the team in receiving as a junior and senior. He played under legendary coach Sam Rutigliano, who had risen through the high school and college ranks to win NFL Coach of the Year honors with the Cleveland Browns in 1980.
Click Here for Full Story
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
MRS SCAR actually saw Tony at the game this past winter when we went to see Ohio St/Michigan. We weren't sitting together and she told me that I walked right by him that night. I was blind or something because I also had a short convo with Rich Rodriguez at the food table at halftime too but didn't realize who I was talking to until about a half hour later. Next season when I go up to see Blue play I will have to catch up with TD.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He's on the move again ...
FootballScoop wrote:Arizona: As we told you yesterday, Rich Rod has now confirmed, Calvin Magee will serve as offensive coordinator and running backs coach, Tony Gibson will coach the secondary and Tony Dews will coach the receivers.
Click Here for Source

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.