The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I have to say, one of my favorite parts of the basketball games last year was listening/watching the pep band student play his COW BELL solo during a time out. If the guy graduated, I wish we could show him doing his routine on the big screens (if someone ever video taped him last year), or maybe we could recruit his replacement--We need more cowbell!
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
So you are asking for an udder band member to step forward? MOO!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So you are asking for an udder band member to step forward?
If you can beat a cow bell with a stick and do the cowbell dance routine, please see Dr. Kerr for a cow bell audition. :idea:
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
"Babies, before we are done here, you will all be wearing gold plated diapers."
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
"I put my pants on, one leg at a time just like the rest of you. It's just that once they are on, I make gold records." - Bruce Dickenson (yes THE Bruce Dickenson)

Did someone ask if we have the cowbell guy on tape? I would say that we may have every performance of his on tape. In the past 4 seasons FTN has done all but a handful of games and the cameras are always rolling. BTW don't pick your nose or make funny faces when in the Vines because you never know when the cameras are on you. You may not see it on the Big Screen but that doesn't mean you are not being watched. I have seen some funny stuff up in the control room at times.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Putting a clip of the Cowbell guy on the new video screens doing his song and dance would be absolutely priceless! Somebody should share that idea with the powers that be--Jeff Barber, Dr. Kerr, etc.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I'll talk to Bruce Carey from our production team as well. He should be able to make that happen. That is really a great idea.
By Champion
Registration Days Posts
Why don't we get a new "cowbell" guy? When that great "macot" guy graduated a few year ago we didn't do away with the mascot. Is there some emional attachment to the old guy win the band department?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The best part about the cow bell guy was his DANCE: as he was beating the bell with a drumstick, it looked like he was doing the limbo, getting lower and lower each time. Man, I wish he had a video clip of that guy! (reminder to SCAR to see if his TV crew could dig it up).
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Richard Roe is is name...Im not sure what he is up to now but he also played a mean trumpet although he is known for the cowbell
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BJ, are you saying that he is still a student on campus and a member of the band? If so, GIVE US MORE COWBELL!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Sadly Richard is not a student anymore...he went back to MIchigan last I remember
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Sadly Richard is not a student anymore...he went back to MIchigan last I remember
We can't all be on the 8-year plan, you know.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BJ, we all know you have band experience, but can no longer march due to your well documented knee injury; however, have you ever considered playing the COWBELL in Dr. Kerr's Sweet Sixteen pep band? :idea:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
i aksed him about it a couple years ago but he declined but Im sure coudl ask again. (and if all else fails somebody could make a facebook group about it...Id make one but that wold be self-aggrandizing)
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
I just peed a little.
By blwall1416
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Putting a clip of the Cowbell guy on the new video screens doing his song and dance would be absolutely priceless!
That idea didn't really workout for the Bell Ringer at Texas Tech...

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ToTheLeft wrote:Image
haha...as ugly as that looks I laughed out loud.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I'm no Medic when it comes to image editing skills, but I had to.
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
ToTheLeft wrote:Image

:rofl :rofl

:clapping
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]