The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Everest Software CEO Named to Top 40 Under 40

New President Recognized by American Venture Magazine

DULLES, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Everest Software, Inc., a leading provider of business management software for small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), announced today that Edwin A. Miller, president and chief executive officer of Everest Software, Inc., was recently named to American Venture Magazine’s Top 40 Under 40, a selection of talented young leaders who, with deep understanding of today’s fast changing technology, had the extraordinary ability to develop a new variety of business models with a vision for the future and community involvement – and each of them made their dreams come true at a very young age. Mr. Miller, age 37, was nominated for this honor during his tenure as CEO of Sigaba.

American Venture Magazine’s Top 40 Under 40 were selected from hundreds of nominees from across the U.S. The magazine identified the remarkable 40 finalists who exhibited the highest degree of professionalism in vision and leadership, development strategy and achievement, and who are poised to make major moves in 2007.

“Edwin’s skills and integrity complement the potential of Everest Software” stated John Burton, Managing General Partner of Updata Venture Partners and Chairman of the Board of Everest Software, Inc. “The recognition as a top executive by American Venture Magazine further validates our decision that Edwin is the right man to lead Everest Software into the future.”

Edwin joined Everest Software in November 2006. Previously, Edwin served as President and CEO of Sigaba, a leading provider of private information sharing solutions, including email, instant messaging, document delivery and mobile devices for the enterprise market. Prior to Sigaba, he served as president and CEO of Infodata Systems as well as Ikimbo. Edwin was also president and COO of XML Solutions after beginning his career in sales and marketing at PSINet. Edwin earned a BS degree in management and linguistics from Liberty University and an MBA from the George Washington University.

About American Venture Magazine

American Venture Magazine is a quarterly business publication serving entrepreneurs and leaders of emerging growth companies. Its goal is to provide members of the venture capital world with a wide range of innovative tools and resources: business techniques, insight from successful entrepreneurs and investors and the knowledge of top professionals.

About Everest Software, Inc.

Everest Software empowers companies to view and manage every function of their business more effectively. The company’s fully-integrated business management software application, Everest, addresses the unique needs of growing small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) in the wholesale/distribution and retail industries by allowing them to quickly manage and track their business operations online and offline -- from storefront to the front- and back- office. Everest Software is committed to providing customers with the service, support and expertise they require to increase efficiency and profitability with a solution that provides an unmatched rapid return on investment. Everest Software was a finalist for a 2006 American Business Award in the category ‘Best New Computer Software Product’ and is the proud winner of numerous awards including the SIIA Codie Award for ‘Best Business Software Product.’
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/sit ... ewsLang=en
Last edited by Sly Fox on January 11th, 2007, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Edwin is a great friend of mine and in fact he is a beast :wink: He used to be my neighbor when I lived in Leesburg....Of course he lived on the INSIDE of the gated community and I lived on the OUTSIDE. He played hoops at Liberty and was at the alumni game. I have pics of him and his wife and kids on my facebook from that weekend.
By Baldspot
Registration Days Posts
Perhaps one of the best pure shooters to play at LU, though his career was cut terribly short.
By Tracey
Registration Days Posts
Care to help an old timer out?? After more years than I care to admit and 3 strokes, my memory is terrible. When I read the last post, I rememberred seeing Edwin in the Post Office at LU right before he was going to leave, and him having his mouth wired shut. What was that from? I really do not remember.

Thanks. As for the Alumni Basketball Game, I too have pictures from that game. I was not there, but when I was at LU I knew all the guys on the team. Then it was Matt Hildebrand, Chris Toomer, Jody Chapman, Brett Anthony, Eric Pothoven, Darius Hunter....those guys. I also knew Julius Nwosu, who played a couple of years before (BTW, Julius is playing ball overseas last email I got he was in the France). Anyway, I just thought I was a nuisance to those guys, but once I located Julius, he got me back in touch with Jody and then Jody passed my info along to Brett.

Jody sent me a bunch of pictures from that weekend. What a treat! Those guys were the best team ever! Only time LU EVER has been to the "Big Dance".
Anyone else remember that pilgrimage to South Carolina for the Championship game?? :D
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Tracey wrote:Care to help an old timer out?? After more years than I care to admit and 3 strokes, my memory is terrible. When I read the last post, I rememberred seeing Edwin in the Post Office at LU right before he was going to leave, and him having his mouth wired shut. What was that from? I really do not remember.

Thanks. As for the Alumni Basketball Game, I too have pictures from that game. I was not there, but when I was at LU I knew all the guys on the team. Then it was Matt Hildebrand, Chris Toomer, Jody Chapman, Brett Anthony, Eric Pothoven, Darius Hunter....those guys. I also knew Julius Nwosu, who played a couple of years before (BTW, Julius is playing ball overseas last email I got he was in the France). Anyway, I just thought I was a nuisance to those guys, but once I located Julius, he got me back in touch with Jody and then Jody passed my info along to Brett.

Jody sent me a bunch of pictures from that weekend. What a treat! Those guys were the best team ever! Only time LU EVER has been to the "Big Dance".
Anyone else remember that pilgrimage to South Carolina for the Championship game?? :D
Tracey,

hit me up with your contact info. I have some pix from that weekend too. Send me a PM though don't put it in a thread. Some of those pix Chap gave you were probably mine but I may have some that Chap didn't. I talk with Jody, Brett, Matt, Toomer and all of those guys on a fairly regular basis as well. To answer your question about Edwin, he had his Jaw broken in practice I believe. Not sure who's elbow got him but I will have to ask Chapman the next time I talk with him. Edwin was at homecoming too. Got some great shots of he and his wife and kids too. They are a good looking group of folks. Life has been good to the Millers :D
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Tracey,

Just to bring you up to speed, actually the Flames did go to the dance again in 2004! :oops:
By Tracey
Registration Days Posts
Whoops! I stand (or sit) corrected. How did I miss that one? Sorry. No offense meant, just did not know about that. I had alot of health stuff going on then and did not keep up with B-Ball, obviously. That is great! And I am thrilled to hear that Liberty has been represented twice in the tournament.

Hopefully, we will make it back soon, with a new coach that I am really excited about. Inside info. says this change will be great thing. I can hardly wait to see how the season goes. I hope to make it down for a game or two. It is kind of hard since a lot of the games are at weird times or I should say weird days. Thursday games are tricky to work around.

Just curious, what song to they play as kind of the team song when they come out on the court? When I was there, it was "Be bold, be strong, for the Lord God Almighty is with us". I have that on tape and wondered what they played now. I am sure it has been updated.

Thanks for setting me straight.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
that "be strong" jam was pretty catchy. edwin is a solid guy. i too remember when he had he jaw wired shut. was he not involved with PSINet before his company now??
By Tracey
Registration Days Posts
Sorry, I can't help you there. I did not even know they lived so close to where I am located.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:that "be strong" jam was pretty catchy. edwin is a solid guy. i too remember when he had he jaw wired shut. was he not involved with PSINet before his company now??
Yes Edwin helped start that company and left it in good standing with millions in stocks before it went belly up.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
how about the edwin miller basketball practice facility? has anyone in the athletic dept cultivated a relationship with E??
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Edwin was actually seriously considering coaching at Liberty not too long ago when RD was looking for an assistant. Edwin has been following the program and of course played in the alumni game. I am going to be talking with the guys soon about this years game. I will connect E with Ritchie McKay soon as well.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Edwin is on the move once again. Here is the news release ...
Callis Communications Names Edwin Miller Chairman of the Board

Seasoned Technology Executive Brings Deep Experience with Growth Companies and Small and Medium-Sized Businesses to Leading Regional Provider of Managed IP Telephony Solutions MOBILE, Ala., June 3

MOBILE, Ala., June 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Callis Communications, a leading
regional provider of hosted telephony and managed Voice over IP (VoIP)
services for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), has named Everest
Software President and CEO Edwin A. Miller chairman of the board. The news
follows its May 2008 announcement of several new key executive hires in
customer support, business development, human resources and administration.

"We're truly fortunate to be able to leverage Edwin's deep management
experience and track-record in building growth companies across a broad
spectrum of technology segments," said Callis President and CEO Dean Parker,
Jr. "His Internet and Corporate leadership experience will be instrumental in
helping drive our continued growth and success."

"I am truly excited about joining Dean and his growing executive team to
help identify and further maximize the rapidly-expanding SMB market
opportunity for Callis' versatile Voicepath solution," said Miller. "Under his
leadership, the company is on a solid growth trajectory, driven by superior
quality of service and a laser-like focus on customer satisfaction."

At Everest Software, Miller's vision for delivering SMB customers a true
small business operating system has resulted in double-digit growth in sales.
Previously, he served as president and CEO of Infodata Systems, where he
significantly improved its financial performance and restored it to
profitability prior to being acquired. He also served as president and CEO of
Ikimbo, as well as president and COO of XML Solutions, after beginning his
career in sales and marketing at PSINet.

In addition, Miller co-founded Conducent Technologies, an infrastructure
technology company, and later founded iSage Capital, a venture capital firm.
A frequent speaker on technology and management topics, he was recognized as a
"Top 12 CEO to Watch" by the Washington Business Journal and as a "Rising
Star" by Washington Business Forward Magazine along with the top 40 under 40
in American by American Venture Magazine. He is a graduate of Liberty
University and the George Washington University.

Callis plans to make additional executive hires in several other key
areas, including regional sales, network engineering and finance, added
Parker. The company recently relaunched its corporate website
(www.mycallis.com) and is also completing significant enhancements to its
highly-reliable, fully-redundant network to better support its growing SMB
customer base.
Link to News Release
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024