The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Old timers will remember Dr. Rob Jackson, who just passed away. I don't know any details, other than Rob's death was mentioned on his wife's Facebook page, and a trusted source confirmed that Rob died playing racquetball, the sport that he loved.
fan00 liked this
By #10
Registration Days Posts
You know the feeling you have when running into a brick wall?....
I knew Rob through my wife who worked for him many great years, the tough years of experiencing the vision being accomplished.
I can't say enough good about Rob.
Rob,Dwayne, MzzBev and their excellent team of student workers were exactly the kind of people Liberty needed.
Well done Good and Faithful Servant.
thepostman, Purple Haize, PAmedic and 2 others liked this
By fan00
Registration Days Posts
I'm not on here much and I've never "outed" myself, but Rob is my daddy. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. There is no greater joy than knowing he is with His Savior and receiving his reward. We don't mourn as those without hope. This life is but a wisp and what a joyful reunion eternity will be!! We are so thankful for the prayers for those of us left behind who will miss him terribly.

There have been so many graces in spite of the sadness. Dad died instantly. He did not suffer, went from one of his heavens on earth (the racquetball court) to His heavenly home. Reading the tributes on Facebook and elsewhere has been balm to my soul.

Thank you all again, even for mentioning this, and for your kind words and prayers. 💜
SumItUp, thepostman, tyndal23 and 6 others liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]