The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
[Cornerstone's] Golden Eagles completed a historic conference tournament run, defeating the top seeded Indiana Tech Warriors 72-69 in Fort Wayne, Indiana on Tuesday night to earn their seventh WHAC Tournament Championship in program history. Cornerstone earns their first WHAC Tournament Championship since the 2008-09 season, and becomes the lowest seed to win the tournament in recordable history (1999-00). CU will now wait to hear who they will take on in the first round of the NAIA Division II National Tournament located in Sioux City, Iowa.
http://cugoldeneagles.com/news/2018/2/2 ... years.aspx
Cider Jim wrote:
[Cornerstone's] Golden Eagles completed a historic conference tournament run, defeating the top seeded Indiana Tech Warriors 72-69 in Fort Wayne, Indiana on Tuesday night to earn their seventh WHAC Tournament Championship in program history. Cornerstone earns their first WHAC Tournament Championship since the 2008-09 season, and becomes the lowest seed to win the tournament in recordable history (1999-00). CU will now wait to hear who they will take on in the first round of the NAIA Division II National Tournament located in Sioux City, Iowa.
http://cugoldeneagles.com/news/2018/2/2 ... years.aspx
Can you imagine Katie showing up for a recruiting visit at the home of a 5'4" PG after having only mail and telephone contact previously?
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Is it crazy of me to think she is having a nice apprenticeship in Grand Rapids and we may see her again down the road?
Yes.
As things stand right now, the job will go to Alexis Sherrod whenever Carey decides to retire. My guess is that will be in 4 years at age 66, but who knows? As far as we know he has no health issues. I suspect that when Alexis turned down the HC job at Coastal there must have been some discussion as to how much longer Carey wanted to coach.
olldflame wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Is it crazy of me to think she is having a nice apprenticeship in Grand Rapids and we may see her again down the road?
Yes.
As things stand right now, the job will go to Alexis Sherrod whenever Carey decides to retire. My guess is that will be in 4 years at age 66, but who knows? As far as we know he has no health issues. I suspect that when Alexis turned down the HC job at Coastal there must have been some discussion as to how much longer Carey wanted to coach.
‘Turned Down’ :lol:
Carey really has nothing to prove per se so Im guessing he keeps doing it because he enjoys it and enjoys doing it at Liberty. The only way he get's forced out is if we go completely downhill quickly (I mean single digit wins downhill)
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]