The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Didlibertywin
Somewhere between 03-07 there was a skinny guy who walked around campus with thick glasses and a clear umbrella that encapsulated nearly half his body. Had a deep voice and looked like he had something to hide. Does anyone remember seeing this guy, know his name, and know what ever happened to him?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Those were the years I was in school, and I don’t remember him at all.

Most infamous person I recall was roller skate girl. And my roommate hooked up with her once.
By Class of 20Something
JK37 wrote:Those were the years I was in school, and I don’t remember him at all.

Most infamous person I recall was roller skate girl. And my roommate hooked up with her once.
Was she the one with the cape?
By cruzan_flame13
Class of 20Something wrote:
JK37 wrote:Those were the years I was in school, and I don’t remember him at all.

Was she the one with the cape?
Cape girl and roller skate girl was the same person?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts

Whoa whoa this sounds like a great story.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
And just kind of creepy. She would be high up in one of the trees in the courtyard and just jump down with zero regard for anybody else.

I always enjoy this cheesy video that featured her

[youtube]6ffJK9GhZ40[/youtube]
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Is Julie Vader the "cape girl"? (she's listed in the credits). About the only one still at LU who is in that video is Patrick, and he's on staff now (seriously). :shock:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm not sure Patrick would be able to operate outside of the LU bubble so that's probsbly for the best. Not a shot in him at all.

I also never knew cape girl's name but I think the name credited is correct. They got her blessing to do it. She embraced it. Haha
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
JK37 wrote:Seems like it. Those were my years.
Great having everyone aboard, but flameshaw and I scoff at your mere 25 years of fandom. :twisted:
You mean 15? I too laugh at their impatient youthness.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
olldflame wrote:
JK37 wrote:Seems like it. Those were my years.
Great having everyone aboard, but flameshaw and I scoff at your mere 25 years of fandom. :twisted:
You mean 15? I too laugh at their impatient youthness.
Senior moment. I arrived on campus in the Fall of 74. I believe flameshaw preceded me by a year or 2. We haven't heard from 4everFSU in a long time, but he is from that era as well.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I remember Julie...we were in sword fight club together...actually married a pretty nice guy who did a brief turn in the Army if memory served me correctly. They live in the area still.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:The sword fighting club!
One of our original Quiz Bowlers asked VMI is they wanted to sword fight his LU team. The VMI Keydet smiled and said they used REAL swords and not padded PVC pipe.
:boxing
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]