The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Attention Medic!
Obituary wrote:In Memory of
Homer Harrison Blass Jr.
March 16, 1940 - July 27, 2013

Homer Harrison Blass, Jr., 73, of Lynchburg celebrated his first day in his heavenly home on Saturday, July 27, 2013. He was born March 16, 1940 in Independence, Kansas the only child of the late Homer H. Blass, Sr., a linotype setter who instilled in Homer a love of the printed word and the ethics of hardwork and loyalty, and the late Clara Thompson Blass who instilled the qualities of honesty and caring for others. Homer professed his faith in Christ and was baptized at an early age.
Click Here for Full Obituary
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
oh man.... I loved that guy. sorry to hear he's gone but happy for him.

what a trip that dude was- really not that old either.

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As soon as I spotted the obit I thought of you and your appreciation for him.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I had him for one history class in college...the guy knew his stuff, when he could get it out without putting you to sleep that is...Scott is a friend of mine as well. We have many chats about the hockey team when we run into each other on campus.

Thoughts and prayers for the family in what is certainly a difficult time, especially with less than a month until classes start
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
He was my advisor for a year when I was a history major. My favorite memories of him were when he'd jam himself up against the chalkboard with the lectern, and he'd slowly begin to fall one way or another. He was not in great health but was an excellent teacher.

Enjoy your new home, Mr. Blass.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:He was my advisor for a year when I was a history major. My favorite memories of him were when he'd jam himself up against the chalkboard with the lectern, and he'd slowly begin to fall one way or another. He was not in great health but was an excellent teacher.

Enjoy your new home, Mr. Blass.
That reminds me of Tim Conway playing the old man skit.
This year's men’s basketball?

I have no interest in a 6' 8 guard or a 7' forward[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.