The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Cool update on an alum/former baseball coach ...
Reading (PA) Eagle wrote:Originally Published: 5/29/2012
Royers sharing special season at Twin Valley

By Rich Scarcella
Reading Eagle

Reading Eagle: Jeremy Drey

Travis Royer can recite the names of his father's former players at Kutztown University and he can see North Campus Field in his mind whenever he smells pine tar.

He also can remember the days and nights his father was away on recruiting trips, whether he was at KU or Liberty University.

"Everybody would always come up to me and say, 'Wow, it must be great to have a Division I baseball coach as a dad,'" Royer said. "And I'd say yes and no. Yes, it's great because it's a wonderful experience and I get to travel with the team all over the country and see amazing players.

"The no part was because I didn't really get to spend much time with him. He was on the road recruiting all the time. It was almost like he was hardly ever around."

Matt Royer has left his home in Lynchburg, Va., each spring since he accepted the Twin Valley baseball job right before the 2009 season.
Click Here for Full Story
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
My business partner played forHunton and knows Royer; he has always spoken highly of him. We were at Ranch Road BBQ talking about the CWS when Royer happened to walk in. Met his wife and son, talked some baseball. That was just Friday!
By The Natural
Registration Days Posts
By far the most talented pure teacher of the game I know. He deserves a shot somewhere at the college level. What happened in Lynchburg is a head shaker ! His son just re-injured his knee severely and had surgery again to fix it ! Great kid, great coach...they both deserve to have things go their way. ! Travis is going to Cornerstone University on a baseball scholarship this fall.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Lets be careful not to turn this into a trench war between Royer people and non-Royer people Natural. Though it was an unforunate situation, its over and done with now and we oont need to be reopening old wounds
Last edited by BJWilliams on June 20th, 2012, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Lets be careful not to turn this into a trench war between Royer people and non-Royer people Natural. Though it was an unforunate situation, its over and done with now and we ocnt need to be reopening old wounds
Then why bring it up? Aren't you starting it by posting this? ;)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
very funny. I dont have a dog in the fight, Im just saying that those that do ought to be careful how they approach this thread so it doesnt turn into one

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.