The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm shocked that Sly didn't post this first.

Liberty Alum Steele Hired by Longhorn Network

Samantha Steele, a 2009 Liberty graduate and former sideline reporter for the Flames Sports Network, has been hired by ESPN's Longhorn Network. She was announced on Thursday as one of the network's first three talent hires, along with Kevin Dunn and Lowell Galindo.

Steele spent two years at Liberty (2007-08 and 2008-09). During that time, she gained experience as a sideline reporter during the Flames Sports Network's football, men's basketball and women's basketball television broadcasts.

A native of Phoenix, Ariz., Steele has covered Pac-10 and Big 12 Conference events the last two years, while working for Fox Sports Net and Fox College Sports.
http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... ewsID=7360

Talent with Texas ties joining Longhorn Network

Steele has never lived in Texas but has relatives in Houston in Corpus Christi, and her parents grew up in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

"If this had been the same job at Penn State, I probably wouldn't have taken it – not that there's anything wrong with Penn State," she said. "But the location is definitely desirable. Texas itself was the draw here – the location and the culture."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 43396.html
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We've discussed it on Facebook & Twitter. I'm glad to see another Liberty alum picking up the torch of covering the Longhorns from a LU perspective. One of the two anchors she'll be working with is a guy named Kevin who I remember as an intern from Westlake during the Drew Brees era. Kevin's claim to fame was a season on Real World.

I'm still supposedly up for some play-by-play work with the network. But UT has little say so in the selection of talent. ESPN is running a tight ship on the operation thus far.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Sam with some face time tonite doing the Pontsettia Bowl (TCU/LA Tech)

did a good job IMHO
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:UT has little say so in the selection of talent...
Obviously...
Sly Fox wrote:I'm still supposedly up for some play-by-play work with the network...

:lol:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
saw her doing the Miss St/Wake game tonite.

again- decent job. Seems comfortable anyway.

she's gotta be raking in the cash this holiday season. I've seen her in 2 bowls already and sure she's been to more
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
In some states that's considered stalking !
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
What's that thing Billy Madison says about Veronica Vaughn?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
She did a great job last night! .... Watching the game made me start looking forward to our opener next season in Winston Salem! :football
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Samantha really knows her stuff. Its amazing that she got her start doing sideline for FSN and now she is covering games for ESPN.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
why not? :D
By R i
Registration Days Posts
There is a tour of William Stadium up on LibertyFlames.com Reaching in the archives. Its worth a second watch. :D
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Alright, you are now officially "creepy dude". I really hope you're not married.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:Alright, you are now officially "creepy dude". I really hope you're not married.
I thought the same, but thought I'd keep it to myself.

In today’s game you can’t have more th[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.