The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure we have threads on him around here somewhere: couldnt find them and too lazy to look beyond the 30 seconds I already spent.

his name popped up in a local fishwrap here- very unexpectedly.

apparently he co-authored a civility pledge which is being sent around to members of congress for their endorsement. Not surprisingly, few have.

here is the Op-ed column entitled "Back to Civility" by a local old fart.
http://edition.pagesuite-professional.c ... u3Zyk=.pdf
Charles Meredith wrote:I showed the following press release to Fitzpatrick: “It’s only 32
words,” the story began, “yet only two sitting members of Congress or
governors have signed the civility pledge … which reads:
“I will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
“I will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
“I will stand against incivility when I see it.
“In May, Lanny Davis, my friend and co-founder of the Civility
Project, and I sent a letter to all 535 members of Congress and 50 sitting
governors inviting them to sign a civility pledge,” Mark DeMoss wrote.
DeMoss is a conservative Republican and an evangelical Christian.
Davis is a liberal Democrat and Jewish.
“Six months later, the only two responding were Congressman Frank
Wolf (R-Va.) and Senator Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.),” De Moss continued.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For the younger set on here, Mark is the son of Arthur S. DeMoss for whom buildings at Christian colleges across the country are named. His late brother David is the guy for whom David's Place is named.

Mark still holds a slew of LU kicking records that Matt Bevins is picking off one by one. He was Doc's righthand man during the heady days of the Moral Majority all the way through the PTL/Swaggart scandals. He left LU and moved to Atlanta where he now runs the top PR firm for Christian organizations. He has become more politically active once again in recent years going as far as to endorse Mitt Romney during the '08 Primaries.

Mark still usually makes it back for a game or two every fall where he hangs out in the luxury suite he shares with his father-in-law (whose name happens to be on the stadium itself).

He wrote "The Little Red Book of Wisdom" a few years back ... one that I highly recommend. It has been a few years, but he has posted on the board a couple of times if memory serves me correct. He is a great friend of LU football and the university as a whole. He's been a member of the Board of Regents forever.

Oh yeah, he's basically an all around great guy. I know many on this board can sing his praises better than I.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
:oldhag honestly, it didn't even occur to me that people might not know who he is any more

whoops
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He has been down in Atlanta quite awhile now, Medic.

And let the record show that Mark is from Medic's home state so he shouldn't be expected to have much of a comprehension of hoops, olldflame. Now football is a different matter.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
They work with practically everybody in evangelical circles from the Salvation Army to Billy Graham Evangelistic Association to LU. They are extremely well respected in communications circles where I operate.

In today’s game you can’t have more th[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.