The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Foster's Daily Democrat wrote:Kathryn Gamble: My Journey to Afghanistan

Monday, June 21, 2010

Kathryn Gamble

My journey here started with an information session about civilians serving overseas.

Recently divorced, my dramatic mind started fantasizing about the wonderful new life I could start for myself abroad. Within an hour of that session I'd applied to volunteer at such exotic destinations as Djibouti, Africa and Stuttgart, Germany.

I somehow convinced myself that I would be the answer to all international political needs. Enthusiastically I waited each day for what I was sure would be an inevitable and immediate acceptance letter. It never came.

Five months later I received a very different type of reply. No, there were no exciting European ports in need of my assistance. But if I would be willing to go to Afghanistan there was an opening I could fill. I swallowed my dreams, hopped on a plane, and have yet to look back.
Click Here for Full Story

In today’s game you can’t have more th[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.