The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
DailyPress.com wrote:Hampton man's ministry aims to keep NN kids off the streets

By Shannon Humphrey 247-4795

HAMPTON — Nearly two years ago, Mark Armstrong's wife was shot in the face while leaving a wedding on 19th Street and Jefferson Avenue in Newport News. Armstrong describes this as one of the defining moments in his life.

"She was in the car pulling out of the parking lot, when a bullet came through her window and bruised her jaw," said Armstrong, 48. "Two kids were firing guns at each other in the street at 3 p.m., and I just told myself, 'We've got to do something. We've got to find some way to reach these kids and show them there's another life available to them.' "

Where most people would choose to leave and never look back, Armstrong chose another road, and began Pattern Interrupt Ministries in February 2009.

"I thought to myself, 'If everybody leaves, then what's going to happen to these kids down here?' It's just something the Lord called me to do, and I realized if I was really going to do this, do it for real, it was now or never," said Armstrong, who works as a family counselor.

The ministry worships in a small meeting room at the Best Western Hotel in Hampton. Every week, Armstrong picks up nearly 50 children in the Southeast community on Thursdays for youth Bible study and on Sundays for church service.
Click Here for Full Story

In today’s game you can’t have more th[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.