The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:Ravine.
Guardshack.
City Stadium.

End of story.
I remember the bus rides to football games on Saturdays, and sledding down the ravine on SAGA trays (ROT? Try eating at SAGA!)

And from the article:
# LEGO just being square blocks of various sizes, with the odd wheel, window or door.
If you go to an actual LEGO store, you can still get bricks individually, so you can actually build WHATEVER YOU WANT! I'm trying to groom my children so that they want their LEGOs that way.

The really frightening thing is, I remember all 100 of those, and have done most of them. I remember loading programs off the tape drive to my Commodore 64, and reading a book while waiting for it to load.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
TRAYS in the cafeteria.
The mountain BEFORE the monogram (and Snowflex)
DeMoss when it was ONE story.
The dorms on the hill when the bricks were TAN.
The Teacher Education, Fine Arts, & Science halls when the bricks were TAN.
The Lloyd auditorium was our only drama theatre on campus.
Intramural fields where Wal-Mart is now.
OTGH on Langhorne Road.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
phoenix wrote: I remember the bus rides to football games on Saturdays, and sledding down the ravine on SAGA trays (ROT? Try eating at SAGA!)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
When PAmedic drove this :medic
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Granted, BJ has been around here a long time, but I think Sumner Wemp even pre-dates ole BJ.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Vernon is still around Lynchburg and I was the one who first referenced Sumner Wemp. At least I didn't reference him going on & on about how much he loved his wife.

:)
I think since some of these whipper-snappers never actually have had the Wemp experience, they didn't realize where the "well glory!" reference came from.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He's still alive & kicking in Dallas. He still writes for my grandfather's paper. I wonder when the last was that he was on campus.

You wouldn't believe how many times I was asked if I was related to Wemp when I was in school. Dumbest question ever.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:He's still alive & kicking in Dallas. He still writes for my grandfather's paper. I wonder when the last was that he was on campus.

You wouldn't believe how many times I was asked if I was related to Wemp when I was in school. Dumbest question ever.
I'm pretty sure he came for Doc's funeral, and that was his first time on campus in years.
I think I heard he was in town for that...Id love to meet him one day because it sounds like he really made quite an impact on the campus back when he was here
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:You wouldn't believe how many times I was asked if I was related to Wemp when I was in school. Dumbest question ever.
That's really kind of funny. :wink:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He does actually...I think Mr Wemp goes back to the 70s and 80s (and I didnt make my first appearance on the mountain as a student til 2002. I visited in March of 02 on a college pass from Hargrave Military Academy and it was the first time I had seen the campus
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Liberty4Life wrote:100 Things Your Kids May Never Know About...

...the days when Flamefans was actually being used by college kids.
read VMI's board once in a while. We pale in comparison.

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.