The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
My sister worked for the athletic dept as secretary to football Coach John Cartwright, QB at the Naval Academy who followed Roger Staubach, Coach Bonheim, Coach Davis and Coach Manley after I graduated from LBC in 75. She said that after the name change to Liberty that they had the Freedom Bell as decals back then, does anyone have photos of it being shown on LBC helments by chance.

thanks
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
that's a new one to me.

Flameshaw may remember that, though.
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
I remember the flame logo on the sides of the helmets - looked more like a tulip. "Groovy" looking logo.

My favorite logo was the "flames" script logo from the Dowling era.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
4everfsu wrote:My sister worked for the athletic dept as secretary to football Coach John Cartwright, QB at the Naval Academy who followed Roger Staubach, Coach Bonheim, Coach Davis and Coach Manley after I graduated from LBC in 75. She said that after the name change to Liberty that they had the Freedom Bell as decals back then, does anyone have photos of it being shown on LBC helments by chance.

thanks
Don't ever recall the Bell on the helmet. Not saying that it didn't happen, but if it did it was shortlived.
By mrmacphisto
Registration Days Posts
That does sort of ring a bell (yes, pun intended, dangit), although I wasn't here that long ago. I may have seen it in an old yearbook.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]