The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
One of my favorite bands back in my late 80's LU days was a little known band called Idle Cure. I was thinking of my favorite song from them (Breakaway) and found it on youtube. I remember about 8 or 10 guys piled in the back of my friend's pick-up truck jamming to this song on my boom box on the way to city stadium for an LU football game. What memories, so I thought I'd share:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
YES!!!!!

I still have a tape around here somewhere (Second Avenue)-- I'm not even sure it's playable. May have to find out ...
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Dont they have a section on this forum for cassette music discussion?
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote:Dont they have a section on this forum for cassette music discussion?

Never seen it.
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
phoenix wrote:YES!!!!!

I still have a tape around here somewhere (Second Avenue)-- I'm not even sure it's playable. May have to find out ...
Had a tape copy of their self titled release. It long since snapped.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We actually played one or two of their ballads on WLBU. They were rather progressive for that time period.

Sch14 does have a point. This probably does fit better in the Old Folks Home.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hoc[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]