The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Scar gets the blog treatment by Knucklehead of all people ...
Sports from the DOME wrote:Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Back in the Day

I decided to start a new feature on the blog. As often as I can, I plan to try and interview current or former coaches and athletes. I will of course try to ask questions that are slightly different from the run of the mill stuff you hear every day.

I thought it was only fitting to start with one of my favorite Liberty Flames basketball players back in the day. I was in school, and went to pretty much every game in the old Multi-Purpose Building (now the Schilling Center). There was a scrappy guard named Tim Scarborough that was always entertaining. My plan was to give you a bunch of facts and stats on Tim before the interview portion, but Tim's answers were much more entertaining.

Knucklehead:
So, I have to start with the first question every LU athlete gets asked at one time or another. Why LU?

Tim Scarborough: Well I wanted to play at a Christian School since I had been in a Christian education environment since 3rd grade. I also wanted to play division 1 and stay close to Philly so Liberty made the most since. Since they were moving to the division 1 level I figured I would get my chance. I wasn’t heavily recruited but I also had an opportunity to walk on at Michigan State. I think I made the right choice walking on at Liberty. I received a full ride after just 1 semester.
Click here for Full Interview
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I have the feeling there is more to come soon....not that anything can top "off the dome!" or whatever its called
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the posting Sly, but why "of all people"? WOW!
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I think he wanted to zing you so you'd log on and post....it worked
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
No surprise here...
KH: What about your favorite moment in an LU Uniform?

TS: Well there is this dunk I did on ESPN that is now on YouTube that I haven’t stopped talking about since I did it all those years ago lol (http://tinyurl.com/b6s5c6),
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-h[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]