The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By lawyerchik1
Registration Days
Thanks! Never thought I would enjoy being tagged as an "old hag", but so far so good!! :)
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
lawyerchik1 wrote: and the Becks were my dorm parents. They were awesome people!!
now there's something they don't do anymore. Too many dorms I suppose.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
I'm not an old hag (though my spirit is questionable), but welcome all the same. :)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Its always good to have another alum of our vintage (I Love the 80s) to join our self-proclaimed 'Old Hags' club. For the record, its primarily men in the Old Hags contingent at the moment but we're glad to add a little pink to our blue complexion.
By Baldspot
Registration Days Posts
I'm an '88 graduate too. Congrats on getting your JD. Maybe some of us old Hag's could get some lawyerly advice everyone once in awhile.
By lawyerchik1
Registration Days
baldspot wrote:I'm an '88 graduate too. Congrats on getting your JD. Maybe some of us old Hag's could get some lawyerly advice everyone once in awhile.
Thanks - :) There are days I wish I hadn't, but not too many.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Welcome to the board.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Welcome to the board.
what he said.
fatwhite&hairy wrote:c/o 99 & 00, Lake Worth, FL son "Trey born 12.25.05
Username of the year...and boy...could we use him now...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
When LU sanctions it as an NCAA sport, we'll give it some consideration. :wink:
By bbrothers224
Registration Days Posts
I understand that in earlier times when one went to the YMCA....you went skinny dipping in the pool. That's back when there was a YWCA. By the way...whatever happened to the YWCA?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Gender equity, my man. Gender equity.
By Ronni
Registration Days Posts
I joined this here forum a few days ago but never officially "introduced" myself, so here goes:

Ronni Ball
Treasure Island - first part of fall '77
Stewart Arms Hotel - '77-'80 (or whenever they made us move to the Mountain)
The Mountain......'80-'82, no clue what dorms....

I was in King's Players and SMITE.
Currently I live in Alabama with my loverly children (13, 15, 17) and also have a 20 yr old who's moved out on his own. <pout>

So...there you have it.
By Tracey
Registration Days Posts
I never really introduced myself, and I am kind of late to this party. Anyway, here goes:

Tracey Furr
Class of '93 Bachelor's degree in Psychology
95 Masters in Counseling

1989-1995 Dorm 29 except for whichever year it was that the school did not own the Senior dorms and so we had to live in dorm 26. That may have been 1991 or 1992.

Prayer Leader
Spiritual Life Director, 1991-1995
Psychology Club
On the first group of official Flames fans (Christian Service Requirement) named the Pyromaniacs
Extreme Sports fan, never missed a game!

Currently live in a tiny town in VA, also town where I grew up. I became unable to work in 2000, due to worsening of my disability. Never married.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Since I'm officially an alum now I might as well add to this:
Name: Jonathan Trent
Class of 2007
Years attended: 2003-2009
Major: Communications-Print Journalism
MBA (07-09)
Dorms:
17-2 Fall '03
E16-4 Spring '04
E5-4 Fall '04 & Spring '05
E6-4 Fall '05 & Spring '06
E16-4 Fall '06 & Spring '07
Boonsboro Village 07-08
Wyndhurst 08-09
Salem 09-11
VA Beach Presently

Activities while at LU: Champion Sportswriter primarily covering volleyball, women's basketball and softball but also covered football and tennis, Tennis Team Manager/GA, Bookstore employee, Prayer Leader.

Currently: Working for the state Disability Determination Services, asst. supervisor over analysts who make medical decisions for Social Security disability benefits.

1st openly gay member of Flamefans.com
Last edited by ATrain on December 23rd, 2011, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By scuzdriver
Registration Days Posts
Ron Mullican
BS Mass Comm 88
TVR Performance

I can't remember all the dorm's I lived in, but I did live in the basketball dorm for a couple years. I ran around with Mike Minnett and Gary Yoder and Jimmy Peirce. Chicken Hawk (Steve Farquier) was the coach of my intramural bball team (76rs) the year we won the campionship! Jimmy was also our star goalie in indoor soccar!

Now I live in Denver and am a fireman. 14yrs and counting!

This is a great board! Bringing back some long forgotten memories!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
scuzdriver wrote:Ron Mullican
BS Mass Comm 88
TVR Performance

I can't remember all the dorm's I lived in, but I did live in the basketball dorm for a couple years. I ran around with Mike Minnett and Gary Yoder and Jimmy Peirce. Chicken Hawk (Steve Farquier) was the coach of my intramural bball team (76rs) the year we won the campionship! Jimmy was also our star goalie in indoor soccar!

Now I live in Denver and am a fireman. 14yrs and counting!

This is a great board! Bringing back some long forgotten memories!
Welcome Scuz! You are talking about my old teammates now! Jimmy Pearce had serious game. I remember him being a good goal keeper too. Minnett was a class act to say the least. Yoder? Well, no just kidding. I didn't play with Yoder but he was very intimidating when he would come back and play pickup games with us.
By scuzdriver
Registration Days Posts
Hey Scar!

I saw Minnie a couple years ago and he has not changed a bit. Still looked like he did in school! I saw Jimmie in Baltimore about 7yrs ago. (Times flies!) He lost all his hair, still looked in great shape, and was on fire for Jesus!
Yoder fell off the map in FL somewhere...he was a funny dude.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I actually remember you, Scuz. This place is turning into a TVR/COMS reunion site.

As for your current calling, I admit the kid in me is extremely jealous. :flamingdevil
By scuzdriver
Registration Days Posts
Sly, God really blessed me by allowing me to be a fireman! He knew I was too dumb for anything else! I actually worked in radio for about 3 yrs (KOA) in Denver before becoming a hero. ha ha

It's funny, sometimes I look at guys on tv and think what if.......but then I think man am I lucky!

I have really enjoyed reading all your posts!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As one of those guys on TV for the past two decades, I can assure you that you made the right decision.
By Liberty1
Registration Days
I'm Jeff Baity
Political Science Major
1984-1988

I was in Dorm 5 all four years. I worked in the Multi-purpose center at nights for the first three years, putting up chairs for chapel, taking them down for ballgames, etc.

I was on the debate team my freshman year. My work schedule and debate schedule was simply too much to do both.

I was in t he walk-a-thon in 85 - saw a picture on another thread that reminded me.

I remember many of us in dorm 7, (I believe), in 84 watching the debate between Reagan and Mondale. That was great!

Many other memories. Maybe later.

Jeff Baity
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]