The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
welcome aboard. let us know when you finish the book.
By phstevens
Registration Days Posts
Phil Stevens
Attended LU from 94-98
B.S. in Religion/ Biblical Studies

Dorm 2 (AKA Oikos) Room 10
Dorm 32 (Sr. Year)

Currently the Pastor of a church here in Nashville, TN and loving it.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
phstevens wrote:Phil Stevens
Attended LU from 94-98
B.S. in Religion/ Biblical Studies

Dorm 2 (AKA Oikos) Room 10
Dorm 32 (Sr. Year)

Currently the Pastor of a church here in Nashville, TN and loving it.
Ah, a member of the Oinkis family. Greetings from Alpha Chia Peta.
By phstevens
Registration Days Posts
Curse the Chia Pets!! I still have a shirt that we made about how we beat them in the annual flag football rivalry.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
FLAG football rivalry?!!! Please tell me it never degraded into flag football!! :x :shock:

In my last round for the Chias in '94, (then RD) Chin had to stop the game. One guy had already broken his arm and things got quickly out of hand after that. You know, what with the fight and all.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
SLY, you are talking to an either Dallas, Houston, Lubbuck, or Austin resident now!!!
By phstevens
Registration Days Posts
Ah yes, Chin I remember him. I wonder he is nowadays. I graduated in 98 and he was still here.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
phstevens wrote:Ah yes, Chin I remember him. I wonder he is nowadays. I graduated in 98 and he was still here.
Actually, he's STILL here. He's the Dean of something now from what I understand.
By AgVball
Registration Days
Hey LU Facility Crew...is that you in the latest Alumni newsletter? didn't your wife set for the Liberty vball team "back in the day"?
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Chein is now an Assistant Director of Student Leadership, under Dwayne Carson.
By phstevens
Registration Days Posts
Poor Chin, having to work for Dwayne C. He must not be living right or something
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
New guy
K.C. Spiron (91)
BS - Video Production
Worked a lot on both campus radio and TV stations. Dj - For morning show and ran the board for the infamous "late night" show (quit before the hosts lost their minds). Ran studio camera and shot games for the "Morgan Houts Show".
Currently the Operations manager at WSET here in Lynchburg. Beautiful wife an 4 kids.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Ah yes, a name I remember. I didn't know you but we have friends in common from back in the day.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Knucklehead, you need to get me a job on air at WSET! Hook it up man :wink: :lol:
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
You are way too good for us man.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I don't think I have ever heard that before :oops: I wish I was too good. I have a lot of work to do but I appreciate the compliment. Truthfully I have never had to read a teleprompter except for at the Newseum in Arlington (soon to be bigger and better in DC after a 5 year renovation). I think I could handle it though.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Reading a prompter wouldn't be the issue. Sitting in the chair is the easy part.

And Scar, I know you aren't up for medium market TV money. Trust me. Stick with what you are doing.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
That was my point! Let alone a smallish city like the 'burg that gets to be called a medium market because of Roanoke being combined!
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Ah, Knucklehead! Now that I know who you are, that handle makes perfect sense! It's so accurate! :lol:
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
OK just need to figure out who your are now!
Libertine wrote:Ah, Knucklehead! Now that I know who you are, that handle makes perfect sense! It's so accurate! :lol:
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Shouldn't be hard. I used to work for you!
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
Are you really sarcastic and opinionated? He HE :lol: :? :shock:
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Knucklehead wrote:Are you really sarcastic and opinionated? He HE :lol: :? :shock:
See? You do know me. Check your PM.
By lawyerchik1
Registration Days
Cheryl Cook
1986-1988
B.A. English, Minors in Spanish and Vocal Performance
Dorms:

Fall 86 - Dorm 26-1 or 27-1 (can't remember which) - LaRae Eicher was one of my RA's, and the Becks were my dorm parents. They were awesome people!!
Spring 87 - off campus at the Poggemiller's rental house - right next door (!) to their house.
Fall 87 - ??? it's in the yearbook, but I really can't remember
Spring 88 - lived off campus

Worked at Hills Department Store during school, then for OTGH (two different gigs: phone solicitation and helpline - MUCH preferred the helpline)

Currently practicing as an attorney in Michigan (11 years this year).
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
welcome aboard-

also: welcome to the old hags club

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.