The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I had this guy for a class back in the day ... can't say I didn't particularly well.
Columbus (OH) Local News wrote:Brazil mission opens author's eyes to 'daily' Christianity
* Upper Arlington native Bruce Triplehorn has written a book about his experiences as a missionary.

By DONAVON CAMPBELL
Published: Monday, January 19, 2009 9:19 AM EST

Bruce Triplehorn, with his son Jonathon and his wife Lisa, are pictured in their home in Belem, Brazil.

Bruce Triplehorn points to a picture of himself on his laptop computer. He is standing waist-deep in the murky waters of a jungle river, surrounded by eight or nine smiling Brazilian men.

He explains the shot is of a baptism, but he is quick to point out, although a few of the men studied the Bible directly with him, most of the others have come to be in the river because they studied with his pupils.

That word-of-mouth spreading of faith is "what real Christianity is -- teaching one on one," Triplehorn said.

For Triplehorn, 51, who grew up in Upper Arlington and graduated from Ohio State University, it is the type of moment he has devoted his life to.

He said he fell in love with Latin American culture while he was studying leaf-eating insects for his post-graduate work, but even though he always had a strong Christian faith, he wasn't always sure how he wanted to exercise it.

It was when he and his wife, Lisa, 49 -- also a graduate of both Upper Arlington High School and Ohio State -- saw Christian musician and speaker Keith Green in Columbus that they felt challenged to do something more than simply observe their religion.

He later left a job as a professor of biology at Liberty University in Virginia -- he studied at the seminary while at the university -- to become a full-time Christian missionary in Brazil nearly 20 years ago.
Click Here for Full Story
By jc2crafty
Registration Days
Triplehorn's favorite recipe was McBuggets. He would sometimes dress up like a SAGA worker (the cafeteria at LU back in the late 80's) and he would deep fry meal worms. He would let students eat them for extra credit.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Never had him, but I heard all kinds of stories about the McBuggets. In fact, that may be why I chose chemistry over biology as my required lab science.

Although I have heard that fried meal worms don't taste that bad. No worse than McDonalds food.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]