The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Wooster (OH) Daily Record wrote:Filming history as it's made

Photo By Joel Troyer
Carrie Wellert has had an eye on Wooster for the past year serving as the official videographer of the city’s bicentennial.

By PAUL LOCHER
Staff Writer

WOOSTER -- Years from now -- even many, many years from now -- when people want to look back on the city's big bicentennial celebration, they will do so largely through the eyes of Carrie Wellert.

That's because she is the veteran professional videographer who lugged a 25-pound camera to every official bicentennial event, plus some other non-official gatherings, to record what went on at each venue. She then took that raw footage and edited it into a small library of digital video disks that have been widely sold in the community and will become part of the city's heritage in a number of ways.

Carrie Wellert is a native of Elyria who came to Wayne County in 1976 when her family fell on rough economic times. She graduated from Northwestern High School in 1984, after which she attended Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va., from which she graduated in 1989.
Click Here for Full Story
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
What's funny is I knew a girl with that same last name...Mindy Wellert (she is about to wrap up boot camp at Ft Leonardwood) I wonder if they are related
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
That was a nice writeup for Carrie. Congratulations.
BJWilliams wrote:What's funny is I knew a girl with that same last name...Mindy Wellert (she is about to wrap up boot camp at Ft Leonardwood) I wonder if they are related
I remember watching "Good Morning Vietnam" starring Robin Williams? I wonder if he is related to BJ.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
hahaha...I am NOT related to Robin Williams. It just piqued my curiosity to see that last name.
Athens Regional

No offense sir but I stand by my statement. T[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Couldn't happen to a better group of skools.

2024 Recruiting Discussion

A few more commits from P4 conferences. These co[…]

2024 Season Thread

Looking ahead to next year I think we'll absolutel[…]