The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Very cool story ...
The Baptist Standard wrote:One-time acquaintances are friends for life–literally

By Mike Midkiff, East Texas Baptist University
Published: November 07, 2008

MARSHALL—Bob Hogberg and Marc Heath have only met face-to-face once, but they are friends for life—in this case, Hogberg’s life.

Their friendship began with an unselfish gift—bone marrow donated by Heath, who lives in Greensboro, N.C., and received by Hogberg, mechanical maintenance manager at East Texas Baptist University in Marshall.

In June 2004, Hogberg was diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia. Doctors said his best chance for a complete recovery would be a bone-marrow transplant, but no one in Hogberg’s family was a match.
Here is the LU connection ...
“I actually got on the registry because of a bone-marrow drive while I was a student at Liberty University. The main reason I did this was to honor my grandfather, and I did not want someone else’s grandfather to pass away.”
Click Here for Full Story
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I think I know this guy, he was on my dorm. We called him Bonaire, because he was from Bonaire. Dorm kids are so creative.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]