The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
NewsLeader.com wrote:Fort Defiance names seven people to hall of fame

By Ken Bosserman • Sports Writer • October 12, 2008

FORT DEFIANCE — Five former players, a coach and a benefactor formed the Class of 2008 inductees on Saturday night at the third annual Fort Defiance High School Hall of Fame banquet.

Jimmy Crawford, Susan Shreckhise Slater, Christy Glover Pilson, Robert Carter and Nick Collins were the former athletes, while John Hunton entered as a coach and JoAnn Powell as a benefactor.
And here are the details on Johnny ...

Hunton coached Fort's first baseball team, and was also the basketball coach. During his stay at Fort from 1964-1969 he started Fort's first Fellowship of Christian Athletes. He went on to play baseball in the New York Yankee farm system and later coached baseball at Liberty University, where he is presently the chaplain.

"It's a great honor to be here tonight," he said. "I appreciate so much all those who have contributed to the success of Fort Defiance High School."
Click Here for Full Story
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I saw him at lunch today after church at the Country Cookin' in Madison Heights.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
You went twice? Nuts!

Coach is a great guy, there are some priceless stories involving pops, Doc, Coach and his wife...practical jokes were very frequent back in those days of LU baseball
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]