The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
From the Brookneal fishwrap ...
The Union Star wrote:Three new on board at BES
By Megan Peak/The Union Star
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:45 PM EDT

Brookneal Elementary welcomed three new teachers to the staff, with one being a brand new position at the school.
And here is the connection ...
Chrisy Beeler will be working at Brookneal and Gladys Elementary schools for the 2008/2009 year. She is the Special Education Resource teacher.

Beeler graduated from Liberty Baptist College, which is now Liberty University. She has been in the education area for 26 years. She taught ECSE, Early Childhood Special Education, at Yellow Branch Elementary for two years, and before then, she taught in the school system in Florida.

Beeler is very excited about beginning her career in Brookneal/Gladys.

'I enjoy a challenge and getting to know new people," she said. "I love working with the children and being able to see the growth they make."

The new teacher says that her teaching philosophy is that every child can learn and it is her job to figure out the best ways to help her students.

Her love for teaching began as a young child.

"I started teaching a Sunday school class when I was 11-years-old and I knew I wanted to teach since then," she said as to why she became a teacher.

Beeler has two children: one daughter, Faith and one son, Adam.

She enjoys reading, crocheting and sewing in her spare time.
Click Here for Full Story
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry defeated […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]